Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 12/14/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 12/14/17

Hi Everyone. I am rushing because I am behind in preparing my Christmas letter. I hope everyone is coping better than I. All I can say is do the best you can.

I was surprised. I gained a pound this week and thus weigh 116.5. I honestly thought I had done better than that. I will try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, that is terrific. Losing a pound and being in the teens is outstanding. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, good for you for being where you were after gaining. I hope you can get through the Holidays unscathed. Best wishes.

Hsmaldo, it is so good to see you back. Glad to hear Thanksgiving turned out well. I’m sorry about your gain but know how difficult it is this time of year. Congratulations for the invitation to take pictures at the horse show. Congratulations on your coming promotion too. Wishing you the best.

Msgijo, good for you for the loss and continuing to be within your range. You may do better with nuts as a snack. They stave off cravings better than fruit. I don’t care much for plain yogurt but have found one that is vanilla flavored with stevia as a sweetener. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working for you.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. Happy Holidays.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Sugarless chewing gum can suppress your appetite in a pinch.” I don’t know how much help this is because I can’t chew gum. I bite the inside of my mouth for some reason. It may be worth a try for those who can chew gum.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.6 Pounds by three members. Congratulations on losing at this time. You should be proud of yourselves.

Total Gain:

2 pounds by one member. Good for you for reporting. It increases your chances of losing in the future.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4049.51 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 0.8 lbs

Recent weights:
    12/07/17: 135.0 lbs
    12/14/17: 135.8 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 0.8 pounds . Not real sure how that happened - have not eaten great, but didn't think too badly either. But as they say the scales don't lie. At least I am in good company ...

12/7 118.2
      12/14 119.0

Still within range. Will attempt to lose half a pound this week.

When I joined up to lose weight all that I wanted was to get down to 129 - 130 pounds. I never imagined that I would EVER get down to my first pre-pregnancy weight of 120 pounds. In fact I managed to retain that weight after the births of 2 of my 3 children. After my last child I never got below 130, and just went up from there.
      I said all of this to say that I am looking at my weight goals with a different perspective here. "THEY" say that a good weight for me is 129 pounds (which was my original goal).

Comments? I will still attempt to lose half a pound this week.

Merry week before Christmas everyone .

Comment

I'm back this week again! I'm going to say that I'm up a pound from 219.something to 220 this morning.

It's Christmas cookie season around the office and I'm also doing a cookie exchange at my ladies' church group tonight. I'll be coming home with 7 dozen cookies.

We're also going out to lunch for work today (that salad is looking better and better!!) and then the pot luck at my ladies group is tonight.

I'm noticing though that I feel BLAH after eating all those cookies and goodies. So am trying to keep that in mind before grabbing another one (and another...)

But I made it through this crazy week, met the deadlines that were looming (kids homework, $ for teacher gifts, work, etc. etc.!!) I'm leaving early to work on those cookies this afternoon. I HAVE to get them done! And it's supposed to start snowing this afternoon.

But all I really want to do is GO TO SLEEP and NOT have to wake up to an alarm in the morning. Looking forward to next Saturday when that's a reality for a few days in a row!!

Comment

Originally posted by hsmaldo View Post
          But all I really want to do is GO TO SLEEP and NOT have to wake up to an alarm in the morning. Looking forward to next Saturday when that's a reality for a few days in a row!!
          Sounding like mama bear there - ready for hibernation all winter . Have to admit that sounds like a great idea .

Comment

Working...
          X