Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 12/7/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 12/7/17

Hi Everyone. I am headed for panic mode. The days are whizzing by with so much to do. Unfortunately I am not alone. The Holidays truly throw many of us into panic mode. For some appetite increases with panic mode and for others it decreases. For those of us who find an increase in appetite we must be more vigilant. You might try meditation when stress seems overwhelming. You might try organizing tasks into manageable things to do. Try not to reach for something to eat when feeling stressed. If you must eat try something low cal and limit the quantity. Best of luck.

Well, it could be worse. I stayed the same. I did not weigh for several days and feared I had gained. What a relief when the scale again read 115.5. I will try my best to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope you are well.

Mamabug, hope everything is going well with you. Hope to see you next week.

Hsmaldo, I am concerned about because of not hearing from you for quite a while. Please let us know how you are doing. I hope we have not lost you.

Msgijo, that’s good you had a small loss. That is interesting that coffee causes you to retain fluid. I had not heard that. It is good to know that it is possible, even probable. I’m not surprised to hear you are eating for convenience. I am sure that is true for most of this at this time. Good luck.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. Happy Holidays.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “For a thicker, creamier texture, choose low-fat, unsweetened Greek yogurt. Loaded with protein, calcium and natural probiotics, it makes for a tasty snack any time.” A further option is Greek yogurt no fat sweetened with Stevia which is no cal. I strongly recommend it also for topping for cereal especially cooked cereal instead of milk.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.2 Pounds by two members. Any loss this time of year is to be celebrated. I hope we can all stay in this column in the future.

Total Gain:

0 pounds. I hope people are not avoiding admitting the truth.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.6 pounds this week. Not as much as I had hoped for but I'll take it .

11/30 118.8
    12/7 118.2

Still within my range of 117 +/- 2 pounds, but not happy being on the + side of the scale. I will attempt to lose another half a pound this week.

Karen - good on staying the same . I have started eating apple slices when I have to have a snack, but honestly I think that I did better eating nuts as a snack .

Tip of the week - I wish that I liked yogurt. Really. And tomatoes - they look like they should be so good, but I simply don't like either . But give me broccoli or collard greens and I am happy .

Best of luck to all.

Comment

Hi everyone,
      sorry I've been MIA...! Things are going well in most areas--just busy! I made it through Thanksgiving with not too much family drama (I didn't cook everything and bring it to the in-laws as originally requested--rather, I cooked and had some friends over and then took some leftovers to the in-laws and we had dessert there!) It was so much more relaxing that it almost didn't feel like Thanksgiving!! That was an eye opening revelation!!

I haven't been strict with eating or watching what I'm eating and the scale is starting to reflect that. I think I was 219.something today. I don't want to say that I've gone crazy with eating, just not making myself crazy about it. But I don't like the upward trend of weight gain, but I feel like I'm too busy to make it a priority right now--though even as I type that, it sounds like a rather feeble excuse.

Otherwise, things are busy, but going well. I've already been contacted to take pictures at a horse show in VA in April, so that is exciting. My oldest daughter has to get braces, so that's taking up time. I'm moving my cubicle at work next week to a more "prime" location (more windows!) and a step closer in their plan to promoting me to a supervisor. We get a new administration in January, so we'll see if that gets approved.

Otherwise things are rolling along, Christmas is around the corner and as usual, I'm not ready for everything that comes with the holiday! I'm scheduled to work tomorrow, but hoping it gets cancelled due to the snow. I'd much rather stay home and bake cookies with my girls!

But in typical fashion, I have bitten off more than I can chew in regards to activities!

I'll try to check in again next week!

Comment

Sorry I didn't post last week; I guess I just must have spaced it out. I suspect I gained some last week, but I also must have lost the same amount this week, because I'm where I was on 11/23.

Recent weights:
        12/07/17: 135.0 lbs
        11/23/17: 135.0 lbs
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry that some problems have kept me too busy to get around to posting here.

I actually lost another pound. I'm now at 119, down from 120. I do believe I have somewhat better mobility or maybe it's just that my clothes are a bit less tight.

hsmaldo, congratulations on moving up to a better situation in your job! More windows--that's a definite improvement, IMO.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X