Friday I was diagnosed with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday I was diagnosed with MS

Since 2013 I've been trying to train for Mud, Sweat, and Tears. 2013 I had to Stop playing co-ed basketball. I haven't been able to run, ice skate, or inline skate. On my bucket list for my 85th birthday I was going down hill skiing at Whistler. What a huge blow this was

Saturday I spent 3 hours on the basketball court. Today I was able to get up without terrible pain, and went back down to the basketball court. But I wasn't able to do much.

What a roller coaster of emotions

Originally posted by Mothersresue View Post
    Since 2013 I've been trying to train for Mud, Sweat, and Tears. 2013 I had to Stop playing co-ed basketball. I haven't been able to run, ice skate, or inline skate. On my bucket list for my 85th birthday I was going down hill skiing at Whistler. What a huge blow this was

Saturday I spent 3 hours on the basketball court. Today I was able to get up without terrible pain, and went back down to the basketball court. But I wasn't able to do much.

What a roller coaster of emotions
    Hello Mothersresue and Welcome to MSW ~

Sorry to learn about your diagnosis - yes, it is a huge blow to be told that we have MS.

Hopefully this site will help you get through some of the challenges that come with living with MS, and also help you to realize that you're not alone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Come here to vent, if you need to - we understand!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Mothersresue and welcome to msw. Yes, having ms is certainly a roller coaster ride without the fun.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Welcome Mothersresue

Sorry you need to be here, but great place for people who understand and can empathize with all you are going thru. If you played basketball, I am sure you are a battler, which will come in handy.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi Mothersresue and welcome to MSWorld. I know a little how you feel. I was actually diagnosed in 2006 after being put in the hospital for a stroke. They decided over the weekend while I was in the hospital that it was not a stroke. They said it was MS or something else. I think the other option was ADEM.
          I started Rebif as soon as I could. After five years they said I had developed neutralizing antibodies to it. I have been on Tysabri since December 2012. It still scares me but I am doing great on it. I lost my job last year and have only now found something that I think I am going to enjoy.

Comment

welcome

The key to exercise with MS, is keeping your core cool. I do this by working out in the pool. My boss does it by wearing a cooling vest (much like a fishing vest with ice in the pockets.) You have to find your way to exercise and not to push yourself.
            God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Newly diagnosed

Welcome, I like you was recently diagnosed, sept. 15 a bad flu set the motions and I've been on a roller coaster in oct and November now that my brainstem lesion (pons) has stabilized thank god im doing PT to polish my walk and improve my balance and slowly but surely they have greatly improved but a lot more work needs to be done. I haven't worked In almost 3 months but I am close to getting cleared to drive again.

i usually just feed off the small gains I'm making and feel better a bit out myself, I always hiked and rode bike, jog, gym, weightlift, played sports and a lot of hockey and now my goal is to start jogging lightly again. It's a bit of an adjustment and I'm still in processsing the impact it has on me. I try and focus on the positives like my medication tecfidera has 0 side effects for me and hopefully this drug works for me otherwise it's onto tysabri for me.

life is changed it's just how you adjust, there's still lots you can do I improve your life and still do a lot. It's hard to control your anxiety I find but there's lots of research going on and the medication nowadays is far and beyond of what it was in the past, I believe that stem cell research will have a breakthrough in 10-15 years for a cure. In this day and age with medical advances it's not far from a reality.

Comment

Newly diagnosed

Welcome, I like you was recently diagnosed, sept. 15 a bad flu set the motions and I've been on a roller coaster in oct and November now that my brainstem lesion (pons) has stabilized thank god im doing PT to polish my walk and improve my balance and slowly but surely they have greatly improved but a lot more work needs to be done. I haven't worked In almost 3 months but I am close to getting cleared to drive again.

i usually just feed off the small gains I'm making and feel better a bit out myself, I always hiked and rode bike, jog, gym, weightlift, played sports and a lot of hockey and now my goal is to start jogging lightly again. It's a bit of an adjustment and I'm still in processsing the impact it has on me. I try and focus on the positives like my medication tecfidera has 0 side effects for me and hopefully this drug works for me otherwise it's onto tysabri for me.

life is changed it's just how you adjust, there's still lots you can do I improve your life and still do a lot. It's hard to control your anxiety I find but there's lots of research going on and the medication nowadays is far and beyond of what it was in the past, I believe that stem cell research will have a breakthrough in 10-15 years for a cure. In this day and age with medical advances it's not far from a reality.

Comment

Working...
                X