New normal PAIN all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New normal PAIN all the time

Muscle and joint pain. Back pain neck pain, arm pain. Did I mention leg pain arm pain. I hurt most of the time. Currently taking about 2000mg of Motrin a day. Thinking about going to cymbalta..??

I also do massage, chiropractic, yoga, walking, occasional swimming. My body feels the best when I'm sleeping but hurts almost continuously Throughout the day. Infusion days are the worst!

anyone with insight?
    Dx 2004. Copaxone until 2006 became allergic. Avonex until 2010, then rebif until 2013. Then Aubaugio until 2017 now tysabri.

Curious

1. Do you know where your lesions are located?
    2. Do you notice a change in pain intensity after activity?

1. Because I have lesions on the cervical spine and a chiropractor won't touch me, lol. It could be possible you are aggravating existing lesions.

2. Because regardless of treatment, MS is a degenerative disease and in constant flux. Listen to your body, if cycling today means a day in bed tomorrow you may have to tailor your regime to accommodate your condition.

Peace,
    Anna

Comment

Originally posted by DaveinCleveland View Post
      I also do massage, chiropractic, yoga, walking, occasional swimming. My body feels the best when I'm sleeping but hurts almost continuously Throughout the day. Infusion days are the worst!

anyone with insight?
      Hey Dave - have you tried acupuncture for treating pain? It's my go to place for getting relief from pain. When severe, I have to make 1-2 (or more) appointments to get the relief I need, but it really helps and for you, it's worth a try!

Read this: https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Tr...es/Acupuncture
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I would see a Rheumatologist to find out if something else is going on. They have other anti-inflammatory medication that may better help with the pain. I hope you feel better!

Comment

I feel the same thing.

Comment

I heard it’s hard to stop taken cymbalta,wondering if others heard same thing?

Comment

Carlyle- I know first hand about stopping Cymbalta cold turkey (that is). I ended up in the er by ambulance but I didn't know what was wrong until wks. later when I did some research and talked to my neuro.

Dave I hope you are doing better. Did you take Cymbalta?
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Vicodin and Weed.

I work about 60 hours a week and simply don't have time to deal with pain. Fortunately for me I have a PCP who understands my situation and doesn't make a big deal about a monthly refill for vicodin. I understand that for most people these days it is a lot harder.

Weed is pretty easy to find even in states where it is illegal. If you can't find someone try ordering the pizza and asking the delivery guy (kidding but only kinda) a server at a restaurant or just about any construction site (mota if it's largely a Hispanic work force)

Good luck pain sucks and there are not a ton of options.
                Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
                X