Switch from Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch from Tecfidera

Is the switch advisable if say that tecfidera doesn't work?

Does the Tecfidera have some kind of switch on it? If you are considering stopping tecfidera, you, probably, have an idea of another DMD I suppose . I would drop tecfidera if you aren't getting any benefit from the drug. I suppose that your neurologist has a replacement in mind.
    I was on Tecfidera for 3 years until December 2016. I discontinued that drug on the advice of my neurologist. I was infused with Lemtrada in January of this year. I felt my anxiety levels decrease, immediately following the 5 day infusion. I expect to get the second round of Lemtrada in January 2018.
    You should speak to your neurologist about a replacement DMD. I suggest that you stay on a treatment, even though you are dropping Tec. Good luck

Comment

Tecfidera

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
      Does the Tecfidera have some kind of switch on it? If you are considering stopping tecfidera, you, probably, have an idea of another DMD I suppose . I would drop tecfidera if you aren't getting any benefit from the drug. I suppose that your neurologist has a replacement in mind.
      I was on Tecfidera for 3 years until December 2016. I discontinued that drug on the advice of my neurologist. I was infused with Lemtrada in January of this year. I felt my anxiety levels decrease, immediately following the 5 day infusion. I expect to get the second round of Lemtrada in January 2018.
      You should speak to your neurologist about a replacement DMD. I suggest that you stay on a treatment, even though you are dropping Tec. Good luck
      i just started tecfidera 2 weeks ago it's my neuros first line med. ill have to give it a fair shot and assessment next February and May but I was wondering if the switch is safe to tysabri or ocrevus ? Those two seem like the more powerful and I'll choose one if tecfidera doesn't work for me. I don't know if I'm JC positive or not and won't know anything till February 2018. Tecfidera gives me 0 side effects but we will see on the 480mg dose soon this month as My titration will resume seems like a decent med.
      Lemtrada was brought up to but the cancer risk scared me. so does PML with the other drugs. See how tecfidera goes first.

Comment

Working...
      X