• Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 11/30/17

Happy Thanksgiving!

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Two made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Four missed goals. We'll keep trying. Some of you are recovering or busy. I have no excuses. We'll keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not make goals

Enjoy your less-stress Thanksgiving, Seasha, and your family! But, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. Get better soon.

My Thanksgiving, this year, is with just my husband's family. On "even years", it is a large, large extended family (125 people, approximately). But, this year, it is just his parents, his 5 brothers and their families, or those who can be there. Maybe 15 or 20 of us. Not a traditional turkey meal. His mom (who has Parkinson's and has to not overdo things), will bake German sausage in the oven. The rest of us will each bring a side. Not too much work for anyone.

Not enough steps. And, I'm not remembering to do my PT regularly. I think I need to put up some sticky note reminders in some places where I will see them.

Here were my current goals:
    1. Increase steps slightly, to average of 2,000 per day. (That's not as much as I used to do, before my sprained toe and physical therapy, but it's an increase from the past 3 months.)
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- 1595 steps,

F - 1203 steps,
    S - 1245 steps
    S - 912 steps,
    Mon - 1717 steps,
    Tue - 1116 steps,
    W - 2007 steps,
    Total: 8200 steps; average 1171 per day

No excuses. Just didn't push myself. Did PT some days, but I didn't keep track how many and it likely wasn't 4 again.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

goal >3000 steps/day on at least 5 days, with average of >2800 steps/day.

I did not make goal .

Thu 4082
      Fri 5715
      Sat 3415
      Sun 2840
      Mon 2710
      Tue 4181
      Wen 2064

Only walked over 3k steps on 4 of 7 days. I did average 3572 steps/day, but that was only because of REALLY busy Thanksgiving (and day after).

Until I am started on treatment for thyroids I am going to go down on my goal - new goal is >3k steps on 3 days a week with average of >2800 steps/day.

Wishing all a safe and productive week.

Comment

I made my goal of lining shelves, sweeping and packing. I had a very productive week.

msgijo- I hope you are able to start treatment soon and feel better.

Wishing everyone a great next week.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet (with rollator) standing/walking or doing activities, for 30 min - 4X a day, each day, and stretches.

Happy to report that I was able to walk (with rollator inside my apartment) for 30 continuous min, barely stopping to stand, 3 times during the week. Granted the walking was very slow and non-graceful, but still I'm extremely grateful for the endurance!

REG - so glad for you that you felt better, and that you were able to achieve your goals. It does sound very productive.

Good wishes to msgijo and Mamabug for this new week!

Wishing good energy and stamina to all.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sorry for the late checking in, but I was still on vacation. Still healing so did not set nor make any goals. Will start in on something for our next check-in.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Did not make my goal

I only exercised three days out of four. I will try my best to do all this coming week. Karen

Comment

Working...
              X