Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/30/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/30/17

Hi Everyone. Time marches on. Can you believe it is already a week past Thanksgiving. Only a few more weeks to prepare for Christmas. Now is the time to buckle down and get rid of a few pounds before all of the Holiday parties. You will be glad you made the effort.

I am thrilled. I lost an entire pound this week and now weigh 115.5 which is where I was before my birthday party. Now all I need to do is to keep it going before Christmas. I will try to lose half a pound this coming week.

Agate, so glad to see you back. Congratulations on staying the same. I am rooting for you to go down a bit further. But if you don’t you are still in a good place.

Mamabug, excellent. You should get a gold star for staying the same. You must have made a real effort over Thanksgiving. I am rooting for you to get through the Holidays unscathed.

Hsmaldo, I am concerned about because of not hearing from you for quite a while. Please let us know how you are doing.

Msgijo, sorry about the gain, but that’s not bad considering Thanksgiving. I have every confidence that you will lose a bit if you truly want to. Remember Christmas parties are coming up so it is good to be prepared. Good luck.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. Happy Holidays.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

“Results suggest that in relatively healthy adults, eating less frequently, no snacking, consuming breakfast and eating the largest meal in the morning may be effective methods for preventing long-term weight gain,” concluded the study, which was published in The Journal of Nutrition last week. “Eating breakfast and lunch five to six hours apart and making the overnight fast last 18 to 19 hours may be a useful practical strategy.”

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

4.5 Pounds by one member. This loss is rather spurious given that the loser (me) lost mostly fluid. May we all be in this column for real next time.

Total Gain:

1.3 pounds by one member. That’s not such bad news considering the time of the year. Let’s hope we all avoid this column at the next reporting.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4045.71 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.2 pounds. I now weigh 118.8 (in range) but I still want to lose about 2 more pounds.

11/23 119.0
    11/30 118.8

Karen - Great job .
    Your post reminds me that I really should check my diet for sodium and drink more water than coffee (which causes water retention for me). I'm afraid that I have been eating based on convenience more than planning good meals this week.

Comment

Working...
    X