Knee numb and tingly for a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee numb and tingly for a week

Hey all, it's been a journey getting a diagnosis, and just when i thought my symptoms were fairly consistent, a new one pops up. I am wondering if you guys have issues like this- ( new symptoms) out of the blue-- and if so how in the hey do you treat this one?

About a week ago, my the side of my knee became "buzzy and tingly" but only when I bent it to walk or sit. All other times, it was perfectly fine. I found it would go away temporarily when I stretched it, but then it would come roaring back.

Finally tonight I stretched it for about five or six minutes and now it is gone. I believe it was a really big muscle spasm.

Do any of you guys get this around the knees, and if so what do you do?

It's annoying as all get out-- because my knee is numb and tingly it really does not hurt.

Hi asiel1,

How did the last Neurology appointment go? Did you received a diagnosis of MS?

About a week ago, my the side of my knee became "buzzy and tingly" but only when I bent it to walk or sit. All other times, it was perfectly fine.
    MS is not positional. You may want to see an Orthopedist about this.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Yes, I finally have been diagnosed with MS. Thank goodness. I will have to wait until my insurance Kicks in again in Jan to see any doctors for anything. I have a really high deductible plan that gives me a small stipend each year to spend towards my deductible. Essentially, I have no insurance.

Comment

Hi, asiel1.

Left knee tingling, vibration, electrical sensation (no pain) was what eventually brought me to see a dr. These sensations were sporadic but happened primarily when sitting.

First was my PCP, who thought it could be ortho related. Sent me to get CT but nothing was wrong. Then recommended I see a physical med and rehab dr. That dr wanted me to get a full assessment by a physical therapist. Within 5 minutes with a PT, I was told I had a CNS issue after noticing hip weakness, hyperactive reflexes and foot clonus.

PM&R dr ordered brain and spinal cord MRIs, which showed probable MS. The next few weeks were full of tests, which led to my diagnosis.

So... long story short, my knee sensations led to my full work up and MS diagnosis.

On a final note, the knee sensations eventually went away (after 6-12 months). My hip flexor had similar sensations during and after my knee sensations, which also went away after about 6-12 months. Both caused by C1 lesion.

My take on this is it's probably related to your MS, but ortho consult would be a good idea to rule out ortho issues.

Good luck and take care!
        PPMS; DX April 2011
        Copaxone 40 mg (April 2011 - May 2017); Ocrevus (July 2017 - current)

Comment

Working...
        X