• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple questions

What's lesion load mean?
    Does a DMD reduce flare severity as well as frequency ? Thx

Things should get better!

I think lesion load probably refers to how many lesions you have. And yes dmds reduce both the frequency and the severity of the relapse.

When I was first diagnosed in 1990 there where no dmds. The flares I had then we're much worse. I started on betaseron when it first hit the market in 1995? I had one moderate flare while taking the betaseron.
    I switched to copaxone shortly after it was approved. I have been taking copaxone for almost 20 years. I have only had one minor relapse which only lasted a few days during that time.

I haven't tried any of the other drugs mostly because I'm afraid of possible side effects. But I'm doing ok considering I had my first signs of ms optic neuritis over 33 years ago. I'm still walking even if it's with 2 canes and I'm still enjoying life!
    I think once you start recovering from your current flare you'll get back to enjoying life too!!
    Good luck! Ei

Comment

Lesion heal

Originally posted by Leenyi View Post
      I think lesion load probably refers to how many lesions you have. And yes dmds reduce both the frequency and the severity of the relapse.

When I was first diagnosed in 1990 there where no dmds. The flares I had then we're much worse. I started on betaseron when it first hit the market in 1995? I had one moderate flare while taking the betaseron.
      I switched to copaxone shortly after it was approved. I have been taking copaxone for almost 20 years. I have only had one minor relapse which only lasted a few days during that time.

I haven't tried any of the other drugs mostly because I'm afraid of possible side effects. But I'm doing ok considering I had my first signs of ms optic neuritis over 33 years ago. I'm still walking even if it's with 2 canes and I'm still enjoying life!
      I think once you start recovering from your current flare you'll get back to enjoying life too!!
      Good luck! Ei
      Thanks leenyi, you have had very few flares I gather, at wat age did you get your diagnosis? If you don't mind me asking. You use 2 canes wat is your specific reasoning why?? Balance? Fatigue?

one more question:
      with the healing/shrinking of my 1 brainstem lesion will some symptoms improve along the way?

Comment

Hang in there!

I was 30 when I was diagnosed. That episode was kind of scary since I didn't know what to expect. I had gone back to college and right before finals week my feet started getting numb. I didn't want to take time to see a doctor so I just kept going to classes. By the time I finally went to a clinic I was having trouble walking and driving ( I had a standard transmission and couldn't feel the pedals). So I wander into the clinic at school and tell them I'm numb from my feet clear up to my waist. The PA was very nice. She offered to get me out of my tests but I figured it was better to take them while the materials fresh in my mind. The PA also got me an appointment with a neuro. So i finished my finals, went to the neuro had an MRI and was diagnosed with MS!
        I recovered pretty well from that episode but as time went on my coordination got worse. I went from using a folding cane occasionally to needing 2 canes all the time.

Comment

Enjoying life again

Originally posted by Leenyi View Post

Good luck! Ei
          Thanks 🙏 for your kind reply in my worst days of my flare your words "once you start recovering from your current flarw you'll get back to enjoying life too."

those words stuck with me this whole time and is becoming a reality I'm back to light work, driving, walking normal and less fatigued, hope it lasts for a long time.

just wanted to say thanks I feel like my life is returning to normal.

Comment

I'm so glad you're feeling better!
            Ei

Comment

Working...
            X