• Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 11/23/17

Happy Thanksgiving!

Seven people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Four made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two(or three -- Tina?) missed goals. Keep trying. Posting, when we miss our goals, often helps us, I think, to be motivated to try again next week. As long as you did something, pat yourself on the back anyways.

Tina -- Sorry for your accidents/injuries, bronchitis, weight gain, etc. And, yeah -- I'm glad you didn't have a relapse in addition to all of that. You've had some tough months recently.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Happy thanksgiving! I am very grateful for this exercise group!

Good news..
    Visiting the east coast with my sons, dil's and 2 granddaughters! For once I don't have to host Thanksgiving and all the work involved.

Bad news...
    Took a terrible face plant fall and banged up my hand and wrist and leg 4 days ago. I'm black and blue, in pain and out of commission. Exercise is out of the picture!

Sadly, will not make any goals until I heal.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Did not make goals

Enjoy your less-stress Thanksgiving, Seasha, and your family! But, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. Get better soon.

My Thanksgiving, this year, is with just my husband's family. On "even years", it is a large, large extended family (125 people, approximately). But, this year, it is just his parents, his 5 brothers and their families, or those who can be there. Maybe 15 or 20 of us. Not a traditional turkey meal. His mom (who has Parkinson's and has to not overdo things), will bake German sausage in the oven. The rest of us will each bring a side. Not too much work for anyone.

Not enough steps. And, I'm not remembering to do my PT regularly. I think I need to put up some sticky note reminders in some places where I will see them.

Here were my current goals:
      1. Increase steps slightly, to average of 2,000 per day. (That's not as much as I used to do, before my sprained toe and physical therapy, but it's an increase from the past 3 months.)
      2. Do my PT exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days.

Steps plus exercise:
      Th- 1387 steps,

F - 2197 steps,
      S - 1056 steps
      S - 1975 steps,
      Mon - 1188 steps,
      Tue - 914 steps,
      W - 946 steps,
      Total: 9963 steps; average 1380 per day

No excuses. Just didn't push myself. Did PT some days, but I didn't keep track how many and it likely wasn't 4.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made goal.

Thu - 2158
        Fri - 4549 (4 hours volunteer work)
        Sat - 3577
        Sun - 3137
        Mon - 3789
        Tue - 3224 (dr. appt.)
        Wen - 2773 (dr. appt.)

Had >3000 steps/day on 5 of 7 days, and averaged 3315 steps/day.
        Still waiting on testing to be scheduled so that treatment can begin on thyroids . Really dragging me down.
        I will continue goal of >3000 steps/day on at least 5 days, with average of >2800 steps/day.

Seasha - sorry to hear of your fall. Hope that you start feeling better soon .

Tina - Hopefully your bad luck streak is on it's way out! If nothing else you can start all over again next year . You can always join up in the weight loss forum if you want support with loosing the extra weight .

Mamabug - Here is hoping that you can find a way to remind yourself to do your exercise. This time of year is going to be hard, with holiday preps and get-togethers. I liked your idea of putting stickies up.

I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. And good luck to all of us trying to move more.

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal of 30 min, up on feet (with rollator) 4X each day, and stretches.

Had one day where my "signals" were getting through way better than usual. I was moving around with much less effort than my normal. It was wonderful!

Tried to figure out what the heck I did different, so I could replicate that extra good day. Was it something I ate? A better night's sleep? The perfect temperature?

Or just the "temporary minor improvement" that used to be included in the description of PPMS. Guess I'll just use that experience to remain optimistic for more!

Mamabug, you still did a very good job moving, with quite a few steps, even though it wasn't your desired goal.

Seasha, hope you heal well and fast.

Msgijo, great job with all those steps, getting to Dr. appointments, and volunteering too!

Wishing everyone well!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Again, I did not make goal. This is what I did for exercise, rode bike 1 day, did some packing and went to new house and started lining cabinet shelves, this was harder to do physically than I thought so I did very little.

Seasha- I am so sorry about your fall and I hope you heal soon.

Mamabug- I agree with koko, you still did a good job.

Koko and msgijo- keep up the good work.

I forgot to add that I have another uti, I am taking antibiotics. I've had two uti's within a month.

Goal
            ride bike three days, doing some packing (or)
            sweeping floor, lining shelves and doing some packing.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
              This is what I did for exercise, rode bike 1 day, did some packing and went to new house and started lining cabinet shelves, this was harder to do physically than I thought so I did very little.
              REG

The way I see it, you still did something, even with an infection and even while taking antibiotics (which make some people feel crummy).

Hope you feel much better this week!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you Koko, I am feeling better.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Did not make my goal

I did not make my goals again. I will try my best this week. Karen

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
                    I did not make my goals again. I will try my best this week. Karen
                    Karen - Maybe you are suffering from a lack of energy due to starving yourself to stay at your very low weight goal .
                    J/K -I am sure that house guests threw you off your schedule and that you will get back on board before long .

Comment

Working...
                    X