Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/23/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/23/17

Hi Everyone. Happy Happy Thanksgiving. All I want to say is enjoy the day, the turkey and trimmings and your families. I won’t even suggest exerting caution on what you eat. This is truly the day to focus on all we have to be thankful for and to enjoy our family and friends. Diet tomorrow.

You probably won’t believe this but my current weight is 116.5. I lost 4.5 pounds since last week. The truth is it was all fluid. After all of my birthday food and food the next few days with family along with left overs my legs and feet were really swollen because of the high salt content of restaurant food. For a couple of days I have stuck to a low salt diet and it really made the difference. My feet and legs are now their normal size and you can see my weight is within an acceptable range. I will try to lose half a pound this coming week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you . I do hope everything is o.k. Do let us know.

Mamabug, congratulations on your loss and for your new grandson. That is great that you were able to see him via Skype and even better that you will be seeing him in January in person. Revel in thoughts of your coming trip.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you again this week and hope all is well with you. I hope we haven’t lost you.

Msgijo, good for you for continuing to lose. We should all have an overactive thyroid on Thanksgiving! LOL Wow I wish my doctor would tell me to eat what I wanted. Your plans are very sound and you will no doubt continue to lose. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. Happy Holidays.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

The tip for the week is to enjoy Thanksgiving and then to resume your weight loss efforts.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2 Pounds by three members. That is a good average for members reporting. It is good that efforts are showing results.

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. I hope people are not avoiding the bad news.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4041.21 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

YIKES ! I really blew it somehow .
    Gained 1.3 pounds to put my weight at 119.0 which throws me back at the top of my accepted range (117.0 +/- 2 pounds).

I will enter into meals this week by looking at the choices and deciding what I REALLY want and what to avoid. Hopefully that will at least allow me to not gain any more weight this week. I would like to lose this week, but realistically I will be happy to not gain .

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Eat and be merry - we have a month to lose the weight before Christmas .

Comment

Stayed the same

Recent weights:
      11/9/17: 135.6 lbs
      11/16/17: 135.0 lbs
      11/23/17: 135.0 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Holding at 120, and that's good in a way as I've had a tendency to creep back up to 121 and even higher.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X