Endless Pool or Spa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endless Pool or Spa?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has a spa or Endless Pool, and if it was effective in gaining strength, and/or relieving symptoms or pain. My wife has MS, and we're at the point where she is having trouble exercising with typical weight machines. Public pools are never at the right temperature for her, so I'm planning on getting some kind of a rehab pool, and was wondering if anyone has one, and what their opinion is.

Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks!

I have been in both a spa and a small (30') heated pool. I continue to visit the indoor heated pool where I am able to stand and complete balance and leg strengthening exercises, and swim small laps. I prefer the pool but I have never been in an endless pool.
    Hope this helps

Comment

Endless pool or spa

My husband and I went through this same dilemma. We choose to not put in the endless pool but to instead join LifeTime Fitness. They have different pools with different temperatures and a few spas. The water is the easiest place for me to stretch, exercise or just float. This MS can also be very isolating due to changes at work or even friendships. This is a way to not further isolate myself by going to LT Fitness and talking to other women in the women’s dressing room spa. I really enjoy trying new classes and swimming laps, even if I only get 5 laps done, the stretching in the spa always feels good for my hips. Good luck finding what works for your family.

Comment

Working...
      X