Extreme Nerve Pain Some Sort of Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Nerve Pain Some Sort of Attack

This thing that is happening to me is nerve pain which I have never had before and there is no reason that I should have it now. Neurologist says MS MRI says MS anther Neurologist says no. But my chronic pain starts to slowly amplify takes three days to get to a solid 10 that lasts for two days of hell where I would rather be dead than go through it again. Then it is just gone no let down just gone as if nothing were ever wrong. 30 days later starts happening again

I am admitted into the hospital and given dilauded for the pain, plus a steroid. Then switched to my normal morphine doses 4 times a day plus dilauded for breakthrough pain now and they add toradol to the mix. Three days in it stops don't know what stopped it but it stopped. Does this sound anything like MS I want to know if I should start the Interferon the one neurologist says I need. I am still on steroids at home and they had upped my Neurotin to 1200mg from 800mg and I was taking that three times a day but just started Lyrica at 150mg three times a day. Not sure if it helps as much as the Neurotin.

On another forum it was suggested that a rare type of headache could be at play. But I still have not been able to find a headache that takes 3 days to build up and lasts for a total of 5. Migraines have what is called a premonition phase if you are not familiar, even before any migraine symptoms you just know that it is going to happen, and literature puts them at 72hours max although I have had one that lasted almost a whole month. Tension headaches are muscular and clusters are a yearly type headache not a monthly event. And they do something to an eye when they occur. That is why I was positive it was not a migraine or any other type of headache I had ever heard of.

I went to the International Headache Society, I guess I was wrong to use the word chronic, I have Migraines without aura so I went through and read about the classifications of headaches and systimatically ruled out these: Migraine, tension-type headache, Cluster headache, cough headache, thunderclap headache, Headache attributed to external application of a cold stimulus, External-pressure headache (pressure/compression/traction), Nummular headache, Hypnic headache, Headache attributed to cranial or cervical vascular disorder, Headache attributed to a substance or its withdrawal, Headache attributed to infection, Headache attributed to disorder of homoeostasis, Headache or facial pain attributed to disorder of the cranium, neck, eyes, ears, nose, sinuses,  teeth, mouth or other facial or cervical structure, Epicrania fugax, Tolosa-Hunt Syndrome, Raeder Syndrome, Ophthalmoplegic migraine.

THIS ONE FITS: Central neuropathic pain attributed to multiple sclerosis (MS) It Is A Headache

Comment

A friend of mines wife has fibromyalgia and what you are describing sounds more like that than anything I have dealt with MS wise. Of course me never having dealt with it from an MS standpoint means jack since everyone's MS presents differently.

I'm not a doctor so take anything I say with a giant grain of salt, but it might be worth having your neuro look at possibly Fibro.
      Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
      X