Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For1 11/16/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For1 11/16/17

Hi Everyone. I continued throwing caution to the wind while my family was here. Thus my weight loss efforts were put on hold. I have been having loads of fun. A grandson bought me an echo device and I am continuing to learn what it can do. My son set up an Amazon account so that I can play every music imaginable. I can also get all sorts of information, news, weather, and many other things. And to imagine all of this comes out of a small nine inch cylindrical device on my kitchen counter. You all probably know all about this but it was new to me. You can also have it lock and unlock doors, control temperature, etc. I am not interested in these two features. If it could only prevent me from overindulging in the food I eat. Sigh

Miraculously I lost a pound this week despite my ongoing piggery. I now weigh 121. I am having real difficulty getting back to my usual eating regimen. I will do my best and try to lose half a pound which is conservative.

Agate, so glad to see you back. Being under major stress is definitely a hard way to lose weight. I do hope everything is better and that you can continue losing the weight you want to lose with no further complications. Continuing fighting the good fight.

Mamabug, that is great that you stayed the same. Sometimes after vacationing folks have a hard time getting back into the groove. I still marvel that you did not gain during vacation. Keep up the good work. .

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you again this week and hope all is well with you. I hope we haven’t lost you.

Msgijo, that is a good loss. You definitely will soon be at your most ideal weight. I am sorry to hear your Dr. isn’t more helpful with your thyroid issue. I hope that has changed. Thank you for your words of encouragement following my large gain. Keep doing what you are doing since it is working.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. Happy Holidays.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “Pounding out your meat will help healthier portions go a longer way visually, and it's good stress relief.” It may be worth a try because looking at small amounts can be demoralizing. The stress relief angel may be a benefit at that.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.8 Pounds by two members. That means half of the people reporting lost. That is a good average. Now that the Holidays are upon us great vigilance will need to be adopted so as not to fall behind in one’s efforts to stay on track.

Total Gain:

5.5 pounds by one member. And we all know who that one is. This is the largest weekly gain ever. I am ashamed to have set this record. I hope no one follows suit.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4039.21 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.6

Recent weights:
    11/2/17: 135.6 lbs
    11/9/17: 135.6 lbs
    11/16/17: 135.0 lbs

And, exciting news! My daughter had a baby on Sunday, November 12 -- a little brother for big brother, M, who is 18 months old. Labor was fairly short, and much easier than her very difficult first labor. 8 lbs, 3.5 oz; 20.5"

We've seen photos and Skyped once. We expect to see him in person when they visit in January. MIL is there now and helping with lots of stuff.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.4 pounds which puts my weight at 117.7 . It is coming off slowly but it is coming off.

11/9 118.2
      11/16 117.7

Not exactly where I wanted to be going into Thanksgiving, but not TOO bad. In-law dinner isn't a problem (MIL always fixes good for you sides to go along with the not such great choices). However my family dinner (the day after Thanksgiving) will be all about things that 'should' be avoided - except for the turkey .
      In any event I will make sure to weigh in for next week PRIOR to any eating .

I actually saw the doctor yesterday instead of his PA. He said that the last test they ran on my thyroid put the level at over 4 times the normal level. The glucose monitor that I wore for 2 weeks showed that my glucose levels were in range most of the entire 2 weeks. I had one time that I was slightly over range and a few where I was slightly under range. All in all I felt that the numbers were great! But he was concerned about the lows and told me to EAT. Whatever I wanted to eat as much as I wanted .
      I have NEVER had a doctor tell me that! THEN he gave me a list of foods which I couldn't eat prior to testing - basically everything that I eat .

I was scheduled to have tests run today to determine the appropriate treatment for my thyroids, but the hospital called yesterday afternoon and told me that the test needed a pre-cert. So that was submitted, but now I have to wait on that to come through before I can have the testing done .

Silver lining here - I get to go through Thanksgiving with overactive thyroids which means (I hope) that I can pig out and still lose the weight easily.

In spite of the doctor urging me to eat more (of everything) I will continue to watch my weight. Small changes (which yield big results if done consistently) will still be the rule of the day. And I will decide what things I really want and set limits (instead of stuffing AND a slice from 2 cakes I will eat a small slice of 1 cake and a small serving of stuffing).
      Both my weight AND my A1C were too hard to get down to where they are to just blindly follow doctors orders!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just remember that we want eat the turkey and stuffing NOT to become a stuffed turkey .

Comment

Working...
      X