Port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port?

I posted in the general forum, but not too much response and no extended users. So hoping maybe here.

Does anyone on Tysabri use a port? If so, how long have you had it? Any downsides to it? Any pain, discomfort, or limitation to your activities? Have you had to have it replaced?

Thanks,
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

I went ahead and had the port surgery. Just going to answer my questions in case it helps anyone.

I had the surgery on a Friday and my Ty infusion was the following Wednesday. They were able to access it! I have had it accessed 5 times in total.

Post surgery, it was a little tender. It has been 3 months and just a little tender feels like a bruise still.

The odd thing, is that it moves some. I wasn't expecting that, but it makes sense. It has to be able to have some give, and move when you do.

I have not had any limitations in activities, other than immediate post surgery.

It has made my infusions and blood work so much easier. Still getting used to having it and the sensation when I feel it based on movement. But glad I have it.
    Kathy

Comment

Hi Kathy,
      I do not have a port. Glad it works for you !
      Linda

Comment

Thanks for posting this, Kathy. I may be starting Tysabri soon and I have terrible veins. I'm gong to try to go without a port. With the infusions so often, I'm not sure how long that I will last.

Comment

Originally posted by KatW View Post
          Thanks for posting this, Kathy. I may be starting Tysabri soon and I have terrible veins. I'm gong to try to go without a port. With the infusions so often, I'm not sure how long that I will last.
          I found myself wondering if you ever started Tysabri and how you were making out in a general. Hope you post sometime soon.
          Kathy

Comment

Pennstater, I started in August. Today. I was sent home because my blood pressure was high and they couldn’t start an IV after 5 sticks. They said to push fluids and come back on Monday. I don’t see any differece yet but no worse either. I’m hoping thinks go well Monday morning.

I’ll hold my double latte with extra whipped for after the infusion!!

Comment

Working...
            X