Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit about me...

Hello All~
    It's my first post here. I’ve put a bit about who I am on my profile page. But about my MS road, which began years before I was diagnosed. Because I have struggled with depression, my loss of energy was attributed to that. I kept saying I don’t feel depressed but my fatigue depresses me. I had tingling on my legs but always forgot to mention it because it was so omnipresent, I only mentioned my fatigue. When I finally mentioned it my doctor just told me to see a neurologist. I told a friend about the tingling and she said it sounded like MS to her because she had RRMS.
    I finally saw the neurologist and told him my balance was off along with the tingling and fatigue and after an MRI and puncture, he said I too had RRMS.
    After a few disagreements with him, I saw another local neurologist in Lake Katrine-a section of Kingston, NY and when I asked him what a remission was, which I never had, he suggested I go to the MS Center in Albany, NY. That was the best advice!

The doctor there agreed with doctor 2, that I had PPMS. My symptoms have increased, along with new ones but I have no new lesions. He showed me my MRIs and spent a lot of time with me. He was shocked that I only had an MRI of my head.
    So...to wrap this up, he will follow me for six months and then a full MRI and we’ll take it from there. Of course if things get worse, I will call him.

I hope you’re not all bored to tears... but if you were, you would have stopped reading by now. ;-)

Nice to meet you all.

Hello MinnieCat and welcome

Glad that you have joined us here at MS World!

Hopefully you will find that the information, support, and the shared experiences of other persons with MS is beneficial, and that you are not alone on your MS journey.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Welcome

Welcome, Minnie. I also read your "About Me" section in your profile, and your other post about Tecfidera.

I'm glad you have a diagnosis. Not knowing what's going on can be frustrating, and must be even more that way when others don't understand. Welcome to MSWorld. I hope you find some understanding here.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi and welcome!
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Nice to meet you and welcome to MSW.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
          X