• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 11/9/17

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Four made goals! Yay

GOALS MISSED:
    2 missed goals. Keep trying. Posting, when we miss our goals, often helps us, I think, to be motivated to try again next week. As long as you did something, pat yourself on the back anyways.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made my goals .

I walked over 3000 steps on 4 of the last 7 days, and averaged 3034 steps/day.
    I also swept and mopped this week (1/2 of house) watered all plants (inside and in greenhouse) and still managed a couple of doctor appointments for my husband and myself as well as a couple of hours of paperwork (UGH).

Still suffering from overactive thyroids - about half the time I am too fatigued to do anything at all! The doctor that I am seeing for that keeps wanting to jump on my diabetes instead of what I am paying him to fix. But I intend to have a 'heart - to - heart' with him next week .

For next weeks goals I will continue with step goal (3k steps 3 days/week with average of >2800 steps/day). Additional goals are going to be iffy - we have 3 doctor appointments scheduled. I will attempt to do 1 day of volunteer work and finish mopping the floors (at least a start on my 'happy house' ).
    It is cold and raining here so I feel that I am being ambitious with my goals .

Hope everyone had a great week and as Mamabug said "As long as you did something, pat yourself on the back ...".

Comment

I did not make goal. My FIL passed away Wed. morning so I will not be packing for a few days. Hopefully next wk. maybe I will ride my bike for 3 days for 30 mins, we'll see.

msgijo- Good job making your goals. I hope your Dr starts listening and helps you with that overactive thyroid.

I hope everyone has a good wk.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your FIL, REG. You have my thoughts and prayers.

I am happy to report that my house is becoming happier Did lots of house cleaning! Amazed that I can easily vacuum a little at a time... the vacuum cleaner took the place of a cane or walker keeping me more balanced.

We had a cold snap and even snow for a few days, but I worked in my greenhouse cleaning up a lot. Did many sessions of yoga and stretching too, so I made my goal.

Good luck with your heart to heart talk with your Dr, msgijo!
        Stay well everyone
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goal +

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet (with rollator) doing easy activities for 30 min, 4X a day, every day - and daily stretches.

Managed to get 2 extra 30 min sessions in this week. Also I'm stretching my legs a few times a day now, which really makes it easier each time.

Msgijo, you did very well with your activities, considering your fatigue issues.

REG, sorry for your loss. Good wishes for you - that you are able to fit some bike riding in.

Seasha, sounds like you're doing well with activities - especially with doing the vacuuming. I can remember doing that while trying to hang on to my walker - vacuum a section, then sit and rest, etc. It took awhile to do, but I felt good about the accomplishment. Now I feel even better watching my sister do it.

Good energy wishes to everyone!

Take Care
          Last edited by KoKo; 11-10-2017, 06:08 AM.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Did not make goals

Not enough steps. And, I'm not remembering to do my PT regularly. I think I need to put up some sticky note reminders in some places where I will see them.

Here were my current goals:
            1. Increase steps slightly, to average of 2,000 per day. (That's not as much as I used to do, before my sprained toe and physical therapy, but it's an increase from the past 3 months.)
            2. Do my PT exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days.

Steps plus exercise:
            Th- 1529 steps,

F - 1187 steps,
            S - 1549 steps
            S - 1648 steps
            Mon - 1089 steps,
            Tue - 2029 steps
            W - 2152 steps, Silver Sneakers at the Y
            Total: 11,183 steps; average 1598 per day
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Did not make my goal

I missed two days out of four of exercising. I've had lots of company coming in from all over the country for my birthday. Congratulations to all who keep trying. Exhausted, Karen

Comment

Happy (belated) Birthday, ShrinkKaren! Rest up now that company has left.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Happy (belated) Birthday, ShrinkKaren! Rest up now that company has left.
                  Thank you so much for birthday wishes. Best to you. Karen

Comment

Working...
                  X