Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/9/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/9/17

Hi Everyone. Did I ever blow it. My family all of whom live thousands of miles away gave me a surprise birthday party. Not all could be here but four of my five children came and lots of grandchildren. People kept showing up unexpectedly over two days. The wonderful thing is that they stayed two to three days except for my youngest daughter who is here for over a week. I don’t remember ever having so much fun. The bad news is that I ate and ate and ate throwing caution to the wind. It will take me weeks to recover but it was worth it to be with my precious family.

Alas, I gained 5.5 pounds so weigh 121. I will do the best I can with continuing company here for a few more days.

Agate, sorry to miss you again this week and hope you are doing well like you usually do.

Mamabug, that is fantastic that you lost on vacation. It sounds like you had tons of fun with your family. It will be more fun after the new baby comes and you have a chance to visit. Best wishes to you and your beloved family.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week and hope all is well with you. I do hope we hear from you soon.

Msgijo, that is a nice loss. You will soon be where you exactly want to be. Goodness your diabetic monitoring sounds very complicated. Good luck with it. I hope your thyroid treatment goes well. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. Happy Holidays.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “Muscle burns at least four times as many calories as fat does, so try twenty minutes of strength straining two to three times a week.” I would urge people to get involved with Mamabugs exercise group. It truly will help shedding those unwanted pounds and keep you fit during the Holidays.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.1Pounds by two members. You are off to a good start for the Holidays. As we know Holiday time can be a real challenge what with all of the parties and get togethers where all kinds of goodies are served.

Total Gain:

1 pound by one member. This is an example of what not to do per yours truly. Remember it goes on much easier than it comes off.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4037.41 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Stayed the same

Recent weights:
    10/12/17: 135.8 lbs
    11/2/17: 135.6 lbs
    11/9/17: 135.6 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I lost 0.8 pounds.

Closer to where I want to be at 118.2 pounds. I am in my goal range, but want to be on the lower end of it (Goal eight 117 +/- 2 pounds). If I can maintain the trend of little losses I will get there .
      I am still fighting thyroid problems and my doctor still hasn't done anything to help with that . We will have a 'heart-to-heart' this week about that. In spite of him I finished off the fruitcake (could be why I didn't lose more weight ).

Mamabug - good job . Staying the same is encouraging in that you will need only one more small change to start to lose more weight. The hard part is figuring out what change you can live with.

Karen - OMG! Yep you kinda blew it . At least you had a wonderful time with family and can now be on your 'best behaviour' with your daugher and benefit both of you. But hey, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track. You can do this! BTW thanks for admitting your gain. It makes me feel not quite so bad about my recent big gain. You are correct in in taking much longer to get it off than to get on - I am still working on getting back to my before weight .

The 'Tip of the week' is one of those things that I keep meaning to get around to doing. Maybe one day ...

Wishing everyone a great week

Comment

I'm sorry to have been away--my life has been exceptionally stressful recently.

I wasn't thinking much about the scales and weight loss but the stress itself has had one positive feature--I lost a pound. I'm now clearly at 120 on that scale, down from the 121 I'd been reporting for so long.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X