Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I need help

Hello,

I am 33 years old. I have been trusting my psychiatrist who gave me therapeutic for 7 years following a burn-out, I can never remove it, every time I had to resume or reassemble the doses to not to die (vomiting, discomfort, thermal trouble, convultion, from what I read it is a very dangerous neurotoxic.
    I now find myself heavily handicapped motor, psychological.
    I would like to find a solution to save my life and not to die stupidly.
    In France the subject is taboo and no study on the dependence by modification of the brain following the taking of drugs neurotoxic exists.

Is there any possible therapy (stem cell, gene therapy) to reprogram the brain tainted ?

Thank you for reading me
    Best RegardsH

Hi Malorie and welcome to MSWorld. I've read your post a few times to try to understand all you are saying. I'm not sure what drug your psychiatrist prescribed, but are you saying that now you are dependent on that drug even though it's toxic to your system?

Is there any possible therapy (stem cell, gene therapy) to reprogram the brain tainted ?
    I found an article from NIH about brain stimulation to help reverse drug effects on the brain. The article is long and somewhat technical, but maybe this can help you if this is what you are asking about. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5061891/

Please disregard if this is not entirely following what you are looking for. Hopefully, someone else can weigh in on this problem.

Please take care of yourself!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Do you continue to take the medication, or have you been able to get off? What is the name of the drug? Perhaps we can google it and provide some additional information or resources for you.

I'm so sorry about the side effects that you have experienced.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thank you for your answers.

I am declared incurable in France.
        I would still like to appeal because I am young.

I always take the following drugs and I can not take them off
        even at a small dose while they are toxic to my body:
        - Sanofi Téréralite 400 (Lithium): 1000mg
        - Zoloft 50: 1 gelule

The more time passes, the weaker I am.

Best Regards

Comment

Working...
        X