Exercise Check-In for 11/2/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 11/2/17

Thanks, Seasha, for starting thread for me last week while I was gone. Vacation was great; loved to see little M.

Five people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made goals! Yay

GOALS MISSED:

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals

Here were my current goals:
    1. Continue to record my steps. I won't set a goal regarding how many I wish to walk every day for now. Hopefully, after I get back from my vacation, I'll make this goal more concrete and measurable again.
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- 1629 steps,

F - 1917 steps,
    S - 1966 steps
    S - 1569 steps
    Mon - 1769 steps,
    Tue - 1919 steps
    W - 2308 steps, Silver Sneakers at the Y
    Total: 13,077 steps; average 1868 per day

Did my PT 4 days.

Next week's goals:
    1. Increase steps slightly, to average of 2,000 per day. (That's not as much as I used to do, before my sprained toe and physical therapy, but it's an increase from the past 3 months.)
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days.

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I did not make my goal of doing some cleaning out and packing ea day. I did this for 4 days and I did mop my floors. I told my dh "I feel slammed and overwhelmed" so one day I did nothing but rest.

I hope I do better next wk.

Glad you made your goal Mamabug.

Wishing everyone well being.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I made my goal! I was working in the garden for 5 out of the 7 days and got a lot done. Did it, however, in short spurts, rest, and then back out again.

Also managed to start on house cleaning, but lot more to do. I will do more now that our "monsoon" weather is upon us.

REG - resting up is important too! Hope you are not overdoing it.
        Mamabug - glad you had a fun time on vacation.

Goal for next week is to continue cleaning up my house, yoga and stretching.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet (with rollator - doing easy chores or taking steps) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day, and daily stretches.

Had a good week physically. I believe that the consistency of doing the goals (due to belonging to this group and checking in) is really helping.

Nice work Seasha and Mamabug.

Wise decision REG to take care of yourself and rest/recharge. It happens to all of us.

Wishing good energy, stamina, and the wisdom to know when to rest, to all.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made goal .

I walked over 3000 steps on 4 of the last 7 days, and averaged 3170 steps / day.

Thankfully I didn't add an additional goal, cause I do not think that I would have made it .
            I defrosted and cleaned out a freezer this week, and I managed to cook fruitcakes this week - 2 days spent on that (lots of stirring, washing dishes and wrapping/soaking cakes prior to being placed in freezer, but not much walking).

I will continue with goal of walking at least 3000 steps/day on at least 3 days and averaging 2800 steps/day for next week.
            AND I will start on some house cleaning. At least some mopping.

KoKo - Great job! And I often check to make sure that I am on track to meet my step goals - just so that I won't have to admit that i didn't make my goal .

Seasha - I almost hate to go outside because I need to do yard work too. I applaud you for working in garden (I did not even attempt to do that this year). And lest anyone think that I have a 'happy house' let me assure you that it isn't (hopefully this week will make it happier).

REG - I can relate to the feeling of needing to take a break from everything. I had a couple of those days this week too. Wishing us better weeks ahead .

Mamabug - Good job, especially coming back from vacation. It is good to have you back.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
              Thankfully I didn't add an additional goal, cause I do not think that I would have made it .
              I defrosted and cleaned out a freezer this week, and I managed to cook fruitcakes this week - 2 days spent on that (lots of stirring, washing dishes and wrapping/soaking cakes prior to being placed in freezer, but not much walking).
              msgijo

Standing/weight bearing and also using your upper body (arms and core) is an excellent workout!

You did a wonderful job of exercising!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

My hats off to all of you!!
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Did not make my goal

Sorry I'm late. Lots going on. I did not make my goal for the first time since this forum began. I missed two days of exercise. Still lot going on. Karen

Comment

Working...
                  X