Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/2/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/2/17

Hi Everyone. I am ecstatic. My youngest daughter is here for a week’s visit, choosing this time because of my birthday on Halloween. She is diabetic so I must have appropriate meals on her behalf. That sounds good. However even though I am providing correct nutrition for her that does not prevent me from overindulging. I will try to be a better role model.

Alas, I gained a pound so weigh 1155. I will do my best as I can with company here for a few more days.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week and hope you are doing well like you usually do.

Mamabug, hope you are continuing having a fun vacation.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week and hope all is well with you.

Msgijo, Good for you for the loss even though it is small. Small is definitely better than going in the other direction. Good for you for working toward cutting out snacks. That can be hard to do. I know you will succeed in your efforts to lose the small amount you want to lose. Thanks for being such a good role model. And thank you for the birthday wishes.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “Odds are you're eating too fast. Try holding a conversation while having a meal so you're not gulping down more than you need to feel full.” This is good advice but does not take into account many times when one eats alone. I guess one could have an imaginary conversation with a pretend companion. Might be worth a try.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.2 Pound by one member. It may be small but is tons better than going in the other direction. May be all be in this column next week.

Total Gain:

1 pound by one member. Lets try to keep the gain category small.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4036.31 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.2 lbs

Recent weights:
    10/12/17: 135.8 lbs
    11/12/17: 135.6 lbs

Got home from vacation on Sunday. Had a great vacation, as usual. Lots of fun with little M. He will be a big brother soon. Daughter is due in two weeks. We will likely see new baby in January, so we'll have to get by with Skype after new baby is born until then. Decided to go visit before baby instead of after, because I think houseguests that can't help much with cooking, cleaning, etc, create more work. Daughter's MIL can be there to help when baby is born -- probably better help than me.

And, it was so much fun to see little M again.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.9 pounds so back down to 119 pounds .

That puts me back in my goal weight range (117 +/- 2 pounds). I am not happy at the utmost end of the range and so will attempt to lose more this week.

I made fruitcakes this past week. One of them broke apart when coming out of the pan and so of course I kept that one to nibble on here at home. They are loaded with sugar, so not something that I need to eat much of or often, but they are good. Most will be given away.

I went to new Dr. yesterday about Thyroid problem. He is running tests to determine the best course of treatment, but decided that he wanted to meddle in my diabetic treatment. I am wearing a Continuous Glucose Monitor now and having to check blood sugar more often than normal to 'verify' the readings from the monitor as well as recording what I eat and when . NOT a happy camper. Especially since he agreed that my last A1C of 6.1 was great.

The next 2 weeks should be easier for me to show a loss, simply because I do not want to go to the trouble of recording everything that I eat, so I will not eat as often .

Good luck to all this week.

Comment

Working...
      X