HIGH MYELIN BASIC PROTEIN??? HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIGH MYELIN BASIC PROTEIN??? HELP!!!

Hey y'all I'm new here. Over the past couple years I have been trying to find out what the heck is wrong with me. I have multiple symptoms but none very severe. My neuro fully believes I have MS but it seems like every test that is ran comes back normal. I do have some occasional deep white matter hyperintensities on my MRI.

I recently had my spinal tap but the only thing that has come back as a high myelin basic protein. And even then it is just slightly high reference range is 0.0 to 1.2, I was at a 1.6. every single other test on the spinal tap has come back normal. I also have myasthenia gravis that my neurologist treats me for. My rheumatologist has me on treatment for connective tissue disease (pre lupus as he likes to call it.) And my endocrinologist treat me for Hashimoto's. Basically my question is can a high myelin basic protein along with an abnromal MRI be enough to diagnose MS?

Originally posted by yours4ever82 View Post
    Hey y'all I'm new here. Over the past couple years I have been trying to find out what the heck is wrong with me. I have multiple symptoms but none very severe. My neuro fully believes I have MS but it seems like every test that is ran comes back normal. I do have some occasional deep white matter hyperintensities on my MRI.

I recently had my spinal tap but the only thing that has come back as a high myelin basic protein. And even then it is just slightly high reference range is 0.0 to 1.2, I was at a 1.6. every single other test on the spinal tap has come back normal. I also have myasthenia gravis that my neurologist treats me for. My rheumatologist has me on treatment for connective tissue disease (pre lupus as he likes to call it.) And my endocrinologist treat me for Hashimoto's. Basically my question is can a high myelin basic protein along with an abnromal MRI be enough to diagnose MS?
    Hello and welcome yours4ever82

This info, from the National MS Society, about Diagnosing MS, may help to answer your question:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy.../Diagnosing-MS

If you have more questions, feel free to ask, and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by yours4ever82 View Post
      Basically my question is can a high myelin basic protein along with an abnromal MRI be enough to diagnose MS?
      For some reason, it seems as if positive IgG antibodies and oligoclonal bands in the CSF are more relevant when putting together the clinical picture of an MS diagnosis.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...al-Fluid-(CSF)

Hope this helps.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X