An update, of sorts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update, of sorts.

Well, I got my MRI results today, and they found 2 spots on my brain consistent with MS (lesions?), and one FLAIR.

We are doing an MRI with contrast dye next to get a firm diagnosis of the FLAIR, before they give me an MS diagnosis.

But at least we are getting somewhere.. I guess... ?

I don't really understand the FLAIR thing, but I am reading..

Candycha,

Flair = Fluid attenuation inversion recovery. This is just a sequence of MRI imaging.

Best wishes on your diagnostic journey.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      Candycha,

Flair = Fluid attenuation inversion recovery. This is just a sequence of MRI imaging.

Best wishes on your diagnostic journey.
      What does that mean in the world of MS?
      My dr said they are going to do the mri with dye contrast to rule out that its just not a bunch of blood vessles or such?

Comment

By using contrast your Neurologist wants to see if the lesions detected on your MRIs will "light up."
        This would indicate current inflammation and could help meet the diagnostic criteria for MS.

Contrast does not show anything not already found on the other MRIs.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi Candycha,
          I don't know about the FLAIR terminology but it seems strange that your MRI with and without contrast were not completed back to back. But, then again, what do I know? I have had these tests done two times, several years apart. Both times, the MRI with and without gadolinium dye were done in the same session, without followed by with. Oh...what fun! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
            Hi Candycha,
            I don't know about the FLAIR terminology but it seems strange that your MRI with and without contrast were not completed back to back. But, then again, what do I know? I have had these tests done two times, several years apart. Both times, the MRI with and without gadolinium dye were done in the same session, without followed by with. Oh...what fun! Good luck
            Thanks! This is what they are doing this time, i will have an mri, then they will inject the dye and then do another. The first time, it was just a straight forward mri eith no dye.

Comment

Working...
            X