Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/26/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/26/17

Hi Everyone. After our dry spell it rained for days and it really got to me. Without sun for an extended time I tend to feel somewhat down in the dumps and my energy is lower as is my motivation to do various things. I have to prod myself to do things that require energy such as exercising. I have to resist the impulse to not indulge in comfort foods which even if not high in calories can add up to more than is healthful. Even moderate calorie content can result in extra pounds before one knows it. Thank heavens we are finally seeing the sun.

Alas, I gained half a pound so weigh 115.5. I must get a grip before my weight keeps going upward. I will try to lose half a pound this coming week.

Abidingjones sorry we did not hear from you this week. I hope all is well with you. Do let us know.

Agate, so good to see you back. Your nut plan is a good one. So glad it works for you. That is good news about your clothes fitting looser. I predict a loss soon.

Mamabug, you are missed. I hope you are having a good time.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week and hope your cold is better. Be well.

Msgijo, sorry about the gain but we know it is just a bump in the road. Those nighttime excursions can be deadly when it comes to weight gain. For me getting up and then going down to the kitchen is a recipe for disaster. Jump back on the trolley like you usually do.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

I saw a Dr. Oz program the other day that featured an oriental chef discussing the health qualities of various greens. He cited several that are supposed to be anti carcinogenic as well low in calories and when eaten raw have a plethora of all kinds of healthful benefits. He mentioned broccoli which I eat every day raw. But what was a surprised he reported that brussel sprouts are delicious raw which I have never tried but will give it shot next time I buy some. He also touted water cress which I must admit I do not eat but will try it. The wonderful thing about these veggies is that you can really pig out on them without packing on pounds.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 Pounds. I hope we see a major shift this coming week.

Total Gain:

3.5 pounds by two members. Good for us for reporting. We are the members not to emulate this coming week.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4034.61 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

OOPS!

I must be losing my marbles. I reported my previous weight which is wrong. I actually lost a pound and now weigh 114.5. Sorry about the slip up but am happy to report the true results. Best to all, Karen

Comment

I lost 0.2 pounds (better than no loss) which puts me at 119.9.

Still 2.9 pounds over than my goal of 117 . BUT to be more positive I only need to lose 0.9 pounds to be in my goal range .
      I will continue to work on cutting out the 'un-scheduled snacks/meals' before I have to actually make changes to my 'normal' eating routine.

Karen - I would claim that correction too! Good job .

Comment

Happy Birthday Karen .

What a bummer - birthday on Halloween . Cake & icecream AND candy - oh my.
        Wishing you a great one with many more to follow .

Comment

Working...
        X