hi I am new to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi I am new to the site

I have been on copaxone for 8 years. has anyone taken a break from using it?

Hello and Welcome moffpeg50.

Hope you find MS World to be informative, helpful and supportive.

Looking forward to seeing you around here.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi moffpeg and welcome to msw.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

hi

Yes I have. I was on copaxone for about 8 or 9 years. Then stopped because I felt nothing was going on so I didn't want to take medicine anymore.

About 3 years after stopping I had a huge flair and went back on copaxone. I've been on medication ever since.

I am on avonex now. waiting for my insurance to approve ocrevus. Then I'll go on that.

Lesson...if you've been dx with MS...stay on medication even though you feel like you may not need it. If you think the medication is not working for you...talk to your doctor.

Hope this helps you!
        Tess

Comment

Welcome!

Sometimes we get Rx burnout after injecting needles for so long. If you are experiencing that, maybe you could talk to your neuro and explore other medications. I wasn't on Copaxone, but while on Rebif, had discussion with my neuro. We explored other alternatives, because taking something else was better than nothing. He would rather have seen me switch then skip doses.

It's worth talking to your neuro about.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X