Trekking poles reccommendations please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trekking poles reccommendations please

What brand of trekking poles do you use? I walk with a cane but saw my reflection and I am bent over, leaning forward. I wonder if trekking poles would help me stand straighter and walk better? Thank you
    DX RRMS 1990-NO DMD'S FOR A FEW YEARS. EVENTUALLY STARTED AVONEX FOR 15 YEARS. DX SPMS 2013-STOPPED AVONEX. STARTED LDN 3MG NOVEMBER 2013.

I bought mine on amazon. They are Montem carbon fiber for $60.00
    I also replace the tips with.
    Four Pack of Extra Durable Rubber Replacement Tips (Replacement Feet / Paws / Ferrules / Caps) for Trekking Poles – Fits Most Hiking and Walking Poles -
    Good luck.

Comment

Hi Lynn I have been thinking along the same path as yourself but still undecided what to do Craig

Comment

Hi Lynn,

My preference for Trekking Poles is Black Diamond.

The rubber tips I use are Leki fitness walking tips.
        https://www.rei.com/product/750119/l...king-tips-pair

Make sure whatever brand of poles you get have a locking mechanism for setting the height.

Walking poles allow for more natural walking position (upright, flow). I don't like canes Using both Trekking Poles allows better balance, allows you to "catch yourself" if you start to lose your balance, might help with endurance, better posture than a cane.

Best wishes
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you all for the info. I appreciate it and hopefully will get some poles and try to walk better/more.
          Lynn
          DX RRMS 1990-NO DMD'S FOR A FEW YEARS. EVENTUALLY STARTED AVONEX FOR 15 YEARS. DX SPMS 2013-STOPPED AVONEX. STARTED LDN 3MG NOVEMBER 2013.

Comment

I just purchased these on Amazon: Taalo Trekking / Hiking Poles - Aircraft Grade Aluminum With Anti-shock & Quick Lock Technology - Includes Natural Cork Grips and Air Ventilated Extra Padded Straps (1 Pair) 4.5 out of 5 stars Price: $39.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members

Comment

Working...
            X