X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 10/19/2017

6 of us checked in.

GOALS REACHED:
    5 of us made our goals. 1 of us made a partial goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    --

OTHER:
    --

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made one goal.

I continued to record my steps. My PT said I should do my PT exercises at least 3 times per week. I had planned to try to continue daily, or almost daily, so that was the goal that I set but I didn't achieve that. I didn't record how frequently I did my PT exercises, but probably 4 or 5 times last week.

Here were my current goals:
    1. Continue to record my steps. I won't set a goal regarding how many I wish to walk every day for now.
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 6 times out of 7 days.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- 2087 steps,

F - 1601 steps,
    S - 1076 steps
    S - 1501 steps
    Mon - 1877 steps, Silver Sneakers at the Y
    Tue - 1488 steps
    W - 1710 steps,
    Total: 11,340 steps; average 1620 per day

Will modify my goals a bit:
    Here were my current goals:
    1. Continue to record my steps. I won't set a goal regarding how many I wish to walk every day for now. Hopefully, after I get back from my vacation, I'll make this goal more concrete and measurable again.
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days.

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I made my goals and very happy to get some gardening done before the deluge of rains have come. High winds and power outages too.

I unpacked my last large box and still trying to find places for everything...which makes more work as I have to sort thru and get rid of other things. Good rainy day projects. REG - I feel for you packing up a whole house, organizing and cleaning!

Goals for next week:
      Increase arm weights to 6-7 reps/2x week
      Gardening - maybe not, but plenty of work to do inside - sorting and organizing.
      Yoga and stretching

Hope you are getting to enjoy some fall colors! We are at out peak right now
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I made both of my goals .

I walked over 3000 steps on all 7 days, and averaged 4352 steps/day.
        I also cleaned out the greenhouse so that it is ready to move my plants into as soon as colder weather gets here.

Goals for next week - continue walking 3000 steps (or more) on at least 3 days of the week and average at least 2800 steps/day.
        The next logical step for getting plants ready for winter will be to clean up (out) areas in the house where I place the tropicals for the winter months, so that will be my additional goal for next week.
        I have 3 places in front of large windows that I need to ready for them.

Seasha - that is the worst part of acquiring new items; finding places to relocate all of the old stuff . Great job on making such headway so quickly .

Mamabug - Your modified goals sound entirely reasonable. And doing PT 4-5 times last week is not so shabby either. It is hard to get into a routine to make time to do that every day. I agree that starting a routine only to go off of it during vacation is not productive, so enjoy this time with the intent to start a more strict plan when you return. BTW great job this week .

Hope all have a wonderful week .

Comment

Made Goal +

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet and moving around (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day - and daily stretches.

Did 3 extra 30 min sessions during the week, doing various chores around the apartment - bonus points - yay!

Had a very good week physically, and am very grateful for it.

Glad to see that you all had a good week also!

Wishing good energy and stamina to everyone!

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone and great job to all.

I made my goal. I cleaned out and packed some everyday. Some things to go, some things to throw and some for a yard sale. I managed to clean my bathrooms and kitchen but my floors will have to wait. I also did laundry.

I was able to do a lot, considering getting another UTI. I will start another thread because I have a question about it.

Again, Good Job Everyone. and I hope you have a great next wk.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

Sorry to be so late to report. I made all my goals by the skin of my teeth.

Congratulations to all of you who are doing a great job. I am truly impressed with efforts shown by you all. Keep up the good work. Karen

Comment

Working...
              X