Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/19/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/19/17

Hi Everyone. It is that time again. I can’t believe how quickly time passes. I was driving today and saw many really clever Halloween displays in people’s yards. One was a collection of bones positioned to represent someone arising from the ground. I was with a neighbor who said he was going to do the same. It reminds me of trick or treat and all of the goodies that most of us have in the house. Try not to open them ahead of time or to keep them after the fact. There are so many calories packed in those bars, drops, etc.

Alas I gained half a pound. Even though that is not catastrophic it is disappointing. I honestly did not think I was eating more overall but obviously I was just deluding myself. I will try to lose that half pound this coming week.

Abidingjones sorry we did not hear from you this week. I hope all is well with you. Do let us know.

Agate, so sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope you are well.

Mamabug, congratulations on staying the same. Just assume it is the time before the next loss. I know you can do it.

Hsmaldo, so sorry about your cold, but what a loss! That is an unfortunate side effect, but I’m sure you will accept it gladly. How fun, a surprise birthday party even if the cat got out of the bag. May you have many more. Congratulations on your promotional test but sorry to hear it doesn’t translate into a promotion. I predict though that will come in good time. Lots of luck.

Msgijo, congratulations at staying at your goal weight. Even though you gained two pounds it is just part of the routine ups and downs. Good luck at staying within your desired range.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

I heard on TV about a study that analyzed the effect of appetite by eating walnuts. The study found that people who ate walnuts felt a sense of fullness longer than people who did not eat walnuts. The advice to listeners was to eat walnuts in lieu of other foods such as those high in carbs. There is one caveat, walnuts just as any other nut must be eaten judiciously because of the high calorie content. The article cited a 1.6 gram amount as one helping. It should also be mentioned that walnuts are high in omega 3 which is heart healthy.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.1 pounds by one member. Hsmaldo, good for you for being the one responsible for reporting a loss this week. We all should have been so diligent. Good luck for further losses and may we all join you this coming week.

Total Gain:

2.2 pounds by one member. The good news is that it is not catastrophic given the goal weight. Thank you for reporting which will help us stay alert and on task.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4034.61 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

I really blew it this week . I gained 3 pounds .

10/13 117.1
    10/19 120.1

That puts me over my goal range (117 +/- 2 pounds) by over a pound. I cant blame it on any of the 'normal' reasons like too much sodium or portion sizes.

I have not slept well this past week - getting up 2-3 times each night. And each night I indulged in eating. We all know that there is never anything that is a healthy snack at 3 am . I HAVE to cut out the nightly eating!

Now that karen and I have admitted gains everyone else can 'fess up so that we don't feel quite so badly .
    Seriously I am hoping that everyone else can report enough losses so that as a group we can still weigh in on the loss column (in spite of me).

Comment

I'm sorry to have been AWOL. Just too busy with a lot of nonsense that I had to take care of.

Still at 121 but some clothes are just a bit looser, and I'm hoping to show a pound lost next time (finally).

Interesting news about walnuts! I try to keep nuts on hand at all times, in a tin in the refrigerator. I'm partial to English walnuts, pecans, and peanuts. I dip into them as a snack, a couple of pieces at a time, and try hard not to take the container out and keep on dipping into it. It's a tough battle, and I don't always win it.
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
      X