6 years no answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 years no answers

Hi all, I have been sick for 6 years now, originally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I had a doc tell me unofficially it was MS ( there was lesion on my brain) only to go to neurologist to advance that diagnosis into an official one, and he told me it was all in my head and I was mentally ill, marked this all over my records and I never had a doctor really take me seriously again after that. ( HMO had all my records centralized)

I stopped fighting at that point and just took care of myself on my own the best I knew how. Until recently, I was pushing it at the beginning of this year I knew that because of how severely fatigued I was getting. I continued to push it even more. June I flared, the fibro I suppose idk, July was totally different two days spent in extremely high heat and my whole body shut down.

I woke up up one day and my left thigh muscle and buttock muscle felt solid heavy almost dead. It spasms and twitches. Extremely painful.

Other symptoms include
    Loss of bladder control
    numb tingling feet and hands
    loss of sensation
    memory impairment
    falling
    feeling drunk tipsy

there are others that I’m not sure relate to MS.

I work as a cashier full time and this plus that is like working two jobs. I have a doctor I’m working with from the community clinic in my area but everytime we try and do something it gets thrown out because I’m out of pocket right now, I lost my Medicaid because I fall just above the poverty line. Plus I don’t think she fully understands how this whole thing I affecting my life. She told me last time I wasn’t pushing myself hard enough. I wasn’t doing enough to make myself feel better. It’s frustrating to hear that when it’s not that I don’t want to do these things, my body will not let me.

Thanks for reading.

Hi misschai,

I had a doc tell me unofficially it was MS ( there was lesion on my brain)
    Having a brain lesion doesn't rule MS in or out.

There is no single test by it's self, that can give a definitive diagnosis of MS and no symptom exclusive to this disease. Many different conditions can case symptoms similar to MS. The only way to know if you have MS is to undergo testing

Information about diagnosing Multiple Sclerosis:
    https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy.../Diagnosing-MS

Many different conditions can case symptoms similar to MS. All other possible causes for a person's symptoms must be ruled out.
    https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...ns-to-Rule-Out
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

6 years no answer! ---- Find a different doctor!

Many drugs manufacturers will provide the medicine at no cost. Contact shared solutions...
      Also, a spinal tab provides proof for a diagnosis in addition to MRI. There are organizations which can help just reach out.

Comment

Hello misschai and welcome to msw. I'm sorry you are having so many sx's. I know how frustrating it is to get a dx's. You may need to find another Dr.

I hope you find answers soon and get to feeling better.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

G'day misschai when I first started to get symptoms my Dr (neurologist) told me that I had lesions on my brain and spinal cord and everyone with MS has these lesions but some get them and don't have MS

that was back in the 1990's they treated me for everything including (mad cow disease) because of the human derived hormones I was on when I was younger anyway after years of suffering I had another relapse and the Dr's thought it was a stroke they got hold of my old records and contacted the original Dr and he said " I told Craig he had MS years ago " but he forgot to tell me,

I was told that it takes more then one relapse of MS to be DX, but if he had told me in the first instance it sure would have explained a lot
          Craig

Comment

Working...
          X