Walking on ball of foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking on ball of foot

Hi all, couple times a day I walk on ball of right foot. Then,towards night from front right carpet to kitchen,left foot dragging.Just wish I knew I am I getting into lazy habit,or is this real? Pat

Hi Pat, my guess is it's probably not because you're lazy. If you haven't suffered an obvious injury that would explain a change in gait from normal 'heel toe' walking, you should call your docs office and let your doc know what's going on.

Toe walking in young children learning to walk, it's often an early indication of a neurologic disorder. In adults who develop gait changes it can be an indication of injury or a neuro disorder that develops later.

Abnormal gait or a change in gait may be what's responsible for your 'toe walking'. Although you're not actuall walking on your toes, it appears that walking on the ball of your foot is also referred to as toe walking from what I've read.

Here is a link that might help you:

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1235248-overview

Comment

Re walking on ball of foot

Originally posted by MSW1963 View Post
      Hi Pat, my guess is it's probably not because you're lazy. If you haven't suffered an obvious injury that would explain a change in gait from normal 'heel toe' walking, you should call your docs office and let your doc know what's going on.

Toe walking in young children learning to walk, it's often an early indication of a neurologic disorder. In adults who develop gait changes it can be an indication of injury or a neuro disorder that develops later.

Abnormal gait or a change in gait may be what's responsible for your 'toe walking'. Although you're not actuall walking on your toes, it appears that walking on the ball of your foot is also referred to as toe walking from what I've read.

Here is a link that might help you:

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1235248-overview
      Tks so.much for your response,and informative😁🎃

Comment

Working...
      X