Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Baclofen pump refill

Hi All

Well, we did my pump refill today. It was easy peezy...really. We had no issues at all. My pump didn't flip after my last refill, so it was a normal fill up.

We do follow a new procedure. Dr Abel doesn't open the liquid baclofen, for the refill, until she is able to access the pump. That is why we lost 2 boxes of liquid baclofen, my last refill.

Dr Abel also does a little something to make sure the needle is in. After she draws out the old liquid baclofen, she pushes air back in and then pulls the plunger back up. When, we hear the champagne cork sound, we know we are good to go!!

Another thing we have learned from my pump flipping...when Dr Abel tried to interigate my pump, when my pump was flipped, it was almost impossible to do it. We had lots of ringing from the hand held device. Today, the pump was interigated really quick. I knew the refill was going to go well.

I am now back on my regular refill schedule. I see Dr Abel on Feb 27 for my next refill.

Take Care, Bob

Bob:

this is great news! I'm so happy that things went well. Question: how did the pump get un-flipped?

Comment

Great news Bob! Thanks too for the update, always helpful to share and learn from each other.

Comment

Hi Brad and Blue

Dr Abel flipped the pump, on the visit, before we got the refill done last month. It didn't hurt at all. In fact, she was surprised she did it. The plan is to take things one refill at a time.

Take Care, Bob

Comment

Working...
        X