Relapse not going awasl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse not going awasl

Last week when I left hospital I am improved greatly I was walking, driving and my numbness faded but I was using a steroid IV in the hospital. Then at the end of the week I'm using the oral steroids now tapering offThen at the end of the week I'm using the oral steroids now tapering off slowly the symptoms came back even stronger, my balance is way off and walking is difficult my numbers came back stronger on my foot and hand where I can't even write my name with a pen or use the keyboard efficiently.

I am still on or steroids 1050 every two days as prescribed by a neurologist. I was doing so good last week but now I'm back to these Bad symptoms and I'm getting sick of it it's only been 3 1/2 days no signs of improvement like last week i'm hoping this flare up what's the word resolve itself within a few more days or a few more weeks I'm not sure but I hope I get back to my baseline soon or than later or is this even possible or as a parmemrnt symptoms with now we're gonna stay I had the same symptoms but I almost recover fully last week I just want to get back to you I was last week because I was functional add it was not disabling me.

best to all

Does your neurologist know? If not, I would make sure you notify. My other thought: how are you sleeping? I can't handle oral steroids, as I don't sleep. If you aren't sleeping, this can sometimes bring a return of prior symptoms.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Sleep

I sleep better as my neurologist prescribed a good sleeping pill. I know 3.5 days is not long but I was so good last week. I pushed myself a little 2 much (driving, work, long walks) maybe. I guess it's a waiting game but i hope these aren't perms the symptoms cause it's gonna take a lot of pyhsio therapy. I Was diagnosed with RRMS but where is this remittance? Wat are the odds that these symptoms are permanent? Im freaking out! This message board is my only outlet.

thanks for all the input.
      I really do appreciate it!

I still have hope and I will get better do a normal level soon

Best to all,

Comment

Hi Ant~ not all relapses are the same in duration and no one can predict how long they last. Steroids can help lessen the symptoms, but they don't necessarily make the relapse go away. Like you said, it's a waiting game.

I have had relapses in the past that lasted 6 wks. to 2 months. Like you, I was concerned that they would never go away, so I know how you feel. I hope you can find other ways during this time to get your mind off freaking out. Stress does not help anyone. Easier said than done, but try to pamper yourself in good ways.

I'm sorry you are having a rough time right now and hope for better days ahead.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X