Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving

My neuro said not to drive due to my current flare up of disoriented balance and dizziness. I was ok last week on steroids but the symptoms came.

will I ever drive again?

Take comfort in that most of the time the dizziness will go away. Also take comfort in that your neuro advised against driving. Mine told me to work through it and somehow I thought that driving while holding my head was going to help- it didnīt.

May you be back to baseline pronto.

Comment

I had 6 weeks of vertigo 24 years ago. My doc sent something to the state, as they weren't sure if I also had a seizure. So lost my license for 6 months.

I have been driving ever since. During a few relaoses where the vertigo returned, I stopped. Likewise, if I am overly tired, I battle dizziness, so I don't drive. But for the most part, driving has been a non-issue.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
        will I ever drive again?
        Hopefully you will, Ant! After my last bout with ON (optic neuritis) in 2009, I lost all peripheral vision in both eyes. Along with no driving, I couldn't read or write. After the flare, I was able to resume all three.

It may take awhile to get over your flare, but don't lose hope of being able to drive again. I hope you recover quickly and someone near is able to get you around while you heal!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X