tecfidera and jc virus titer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tecfidera and jc virus titer

I was originally diagnosed and treated with avonex.There were no problems.I had breast cancer and had to stop m s treatment.After chemo,I was on plegridy but did not like the side effects.I was then put on tecfidra.Since then theneuro.checks my jcv periodically,the first in 7/16 when I restarted m s meds.Since then my j c virus has risen to 2.15 which,it I am reading the results right ,is 50 times that of normal.

Since the side effects are so bad I have finally decided not be a guina pig for the p a to try to get experience.Has anyone else had high j c v readings and still the dr.wants me to be on it for another month.After thinking about it I decided to get off it and then check the j c v titer after a few months to see if it has gone down.I am going to be proactive with my treatment because it seem the drs.and p.a.s don't really care,let;s see how much damage we can do before the patient can't function.

Before tecfidera I never fell,was relatively active and lived a pretty decent life.With that drug I never seem to have energy,spend a lot of time in bed and really have no interests like I had before.Thank you for letting me vent.
Working...
X