Numb face driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numb face driving me crazy

Hi, I recently been diagnosed with RRMS like a couple weeks ago at 36. I had facial numbness (lips,gums, cheek,)a month or two ago then went away but the second time it was in the same area but a little more widespread (nose, upper forehead/scalp, lips, gums, tongue)than before alongside minor numbness in fight forearm, flank, lower right leg/foot area. My balance and gait were affected but since my discharge I walk and balance almost normal (%90) so that's good.

but then the facial numbness is driving me up the wall. I can eat but I had to chew deliberately cause I cut my mouth/tongue repeatedly but I'm learning to adapt.

Im still on high dose prednisone for another week taper off but no change in my face feeling since this second relapse.

will it be permanent,? I guess nooone knows that but I really hope one morning I wake up and my mouth area comes back I pray.

anyone experience something like this I read it can take weeks, months, even years for some symptoms to return to, or close to normal again.

if its permanent than so be it I can live with it, I can see perfectly, I'm independent and mobile, can drive so I'm hopeful I can manage this new disease I got and go into the MS CLINIC IN 2-5 months to develop a treatment which I hope is successful.

best to all

Hi Ant1981 and welcome to MS World.

Sounds like you have a fairly severe case of facial numbness to deal with. Hopefully it will subside over time. I couldn't imagine biting into my tongue and mouth on a regular basis - ouch!

I'm lucky in that I have only mild/moderate numbness on my scalp and nose, which comes and goes. Also on my feet and hands, which is also sporadic. So thankfully it's only a periodic and temporary nuisance, in my case.

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
    if its permanent than so be it I can live with it, I can see perfectly, I'm independent and mobile, can drive so I'm hopeful I can manage this new disease I got and go into the MS CLINIC IN 2-5 months to develop a treatment which I hope is successful.
    I like that you're keeping things in perspective.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello Ant1981 and welcome to msw.

I'm sorry about your dx. I have never had facial numbness but I've had both of my feet and legs twice and once it went all the way to my chest. The first time I did not take steroids and it took many months to get better and the 2nd time I had 5 days of IV steroids and it took about 3 wks. to get the feeling back.

I hope you get better soon.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

frustrateted

I went into emergency I was told to do so if the symptoms changed.

my tongue started to get more numb as did my right hand and lower leg. My balance has been thrown off again but I can still walk for the most part carefully.

I did get to meet a new neurologist so that is good, he is going to push me into the MS clinic sooner than they initially said 3-6 months is a joke he said. Now he wants to see me in under a month he put me on high dose prednisone for the for now tapering off after 5 high doses. I hope it will lessen these side effects some because now im getting desperate. I can see, walk slowly, cant attempt to drive yet, my speech is slurred a little more too.

I was ok functionally maybe 2-3 days ago but now im back to where I started 2-3 week ago and need to improve cause am losing this battle i fear and losing aloI don't know how my life will be and worried alot.

Comment

Mine has started too

I'm 37 been dx since 2006. But about a month ago my right eye gets numb. Happens about 5 times a day??? Driving me nuts

Comment

Working...
          X