From Science Daily Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Science Daily Today

While surfing today I came across this article in Science Daily. It sure would be nice if this worked.

As per usual it sounds 'promising' but who knows when and if it will happen.

Unique gene therapy prevents, reverses multiple sclerosis in animal model

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170921161240.htm
    Echo
    DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Originally posted by Echo2099 View Post
    While surfing today I came across this article in Science Daily. It sure would be nice if this worked.

As per usual it sounds 'promising' but who knows when and if it will happen.

Unique gene therapy prevents, reverses multiple sclerosis in animal model

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170921161240.htm
    Thanks for the article, Echo.

If I understand it correctly, the researchers combined a common virus with a myelin protein gene, and injected that into the livers of the mice models (who had the mouse version of MS).

The virus caused the livers to produce regulatory T-cells, which suppress the MS immune attack.

Then they combined the gene protein with a drug that prevents organ transplant rejection, and it further helped to produce the good T-cells, while blocking the bad T-cells.

Prevention and reversal of the mouse version of MS was accomplished.

Now, if only it were that simple for human MS.

At least the researchers seem to be trying to find a cure now, more than ever before.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo

I think you got it right. It's hard to read and understand all that stuff sometimes. And yes, it would be nice if it was that easy and worked the same in humans.

Someday!
      Echo
      DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2099 View Post
        I think you got it right. It's hard to read and understand all that stuff sometimes. And yes, it would be nice if it was that easy and worked the same in humans.

Someday!
        Yes, someday hopefully.

By the way, Science Daily appears to be a very interesting website!

I found myself reading other articles there. So thanks for that too.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X