trouble with injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble with injections

I've been on copaxone for 2 years now and I have lipoatrophy in all injection sites. Aside from it being ugly and me wearing long sleeves on super hot days cause it's embarrassing, I can't seem to inject w/o super amount of pain causing me to take out the needle and not finishing injection. I tried changing the needle depth but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I don't know. I'm frustrated. I don't feel like being in pain every time I inject. It wasn't always like this so I honestly don't know what changed. Maybe it's the lipoatrophy? Maybe I can't inject where I was because of it and now I'm killing myself with the injections in the wrong place? Maybe there is no place left because of the lipoatrophy? Any advice would be appreciated.
    April

Are you the autoinjector or injecting manually?

Comment

Originally posted by FlightDXer View Post
      Are you the autoinjector or injecting manually?
      Im using the autoinjector. Any ideas?? Thanks
      April

Comment

I have been on Copaxone for 10 years. I manually inject, when I'm going to inject I pinch the skin I'm injecting into and after, push down on that little bump that forms for 30 seconds or so, use an icepack after you stop pushing down on the bump, then Benadryl cream.

I don't have a lot of fat to inject into but this method works like a charm. There is not one place I can't inject into.

Good luck and please let us know how you make out.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
        X