Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the site

Hello all!

I was diagnosed with MS when I was twenty years old (about 4 years ago). I have a very physical job (not for long anymore), and I already experience a great amount of pain and soreness. Additionally, I've recently been struggling with depression and resulting weight loss. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if I'm just being a baby about the whole thing...it sure feels real though This is my first attempt to reach out to others with MS, but I feel like it's time that it would be helpful for me to open up a dialogue with others who understand what I'm going through. Thanks for reading, I look forward to your thoughts!

Theresa

Hi Theresa and welcome to msw. I'm sorry about your dx and no you are not being a baby. Many of us suffer from pain and depression. I have a lot of burning pain and I am on antidepressants plus I have a lot of anxiety.

Has your neuro gave you any meds for pain? Have you told him about your depression?
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi Theresa and welcome

Originally posted by Theresa1993 View Post
      This is my first attempt to reach out to others with MS, but I feel like it's time that it would be helpful for me to open up a dialogue with others who understand what I'm going through.
      We're glad that you are reaching out. It is very helpful to know that you're not alone, and that others understand what you're going through, living with MS.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
        Hi Theresa and welcome to msw. I'm sorry about your dx and no you are not being a baby. Many of us suffer from pain and depression. I have a lot of burning pain and I am on antidepressants plus I have a lot of anxiety.

Has your neuro gave you any meds for pain? Have you told him about your depression?
        I'm taking baclofen 3×/day and that helps with spacticity, but I get a lot of that burning pain also, often at night. My doctor just put me on an antidepressant. Thank you all for the welcome 😁

Comment

I take baclofen also. I hope the antidepressant helps. MSW has a topic of the month thread and I believe it is about depression this month. You could check it out.

I hope you feel better soon.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Hello Theresa!
            Welcome to the Forum!

Comment

Hi Theresa,

Welcome to MSWorld.

I too suffer from burning pain and depression. I have FINALLY found relief from the burning pain with Lyrica. I'm on Wellbutrin for the depression, but want to explore other options, I'm not really feeling any better on that side of things.

Debbie

Comment

Working...
              X