Mavenclad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mavenclad

This medication was approved in the EU. Is it similar to any meds we have out currently?

Katherine

Originally posted by KatW View Post
    This medication was approved in the EU. Is it similar to any meds we have out currently?

Katherine
    Hi Kat,

Nice to see a post from you! I hope you are doing ok. I don't know of any equivalent, but not an expert. I thought I remembered reading something about possible review by FDA in 2018 now that they have established no cancer link. But I can't find where I read it.

I am just thankful that so many avenues of research are being explored: b-cells,t-cells, stem cells, diet and vitamins, etc...

It gives me hope that one day, they may be able to do some genetic testing and determine how best to treat someone, if they can't find a vaccine. I know it doesn't help us right now, but maybe one day.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi Kathy!! Thanks for your reply. I'm working too much and that is probably a good thing. I read about this med and was wondering if it is anything like Aubagio. I was on Aubagio briefly and did not tolerate it well. I'm currently on Plegridy and have had some side effects. I'm not ready to come off of Plegridy yet because I don't have many alternatives left.

I will wait until 2018 and see how it looks. I hope you are doing well!! Thanks again for the reply!

Katherine

Comment

Lemtrada is similar but much more expensive. Plus there are some serious side effects compared to Cladribine(Mavenclad).

Comment

Mavenclad

Hi I am being a web browser but I have just been approved to taken Mavenclad as I have run out of drugs to take. I am currently SPMS and sliding all the time. I have not started but will keep you posted

Nice to see a post from you! I hope you are doing ok. I don't know of any equivalent, but not an expert. I thought I remembered reading something about possible review by FDA in 2018 now that they have established no cancer link. But I can't find where I read it.

I am just thankful that so many avenues of research are being explored: b-cells,t-cells, stem cells, diet and vitamins, etc...

It gives me hope that one day, they may be able to do some genetic testing and determine how best to treat someone, if they can't find a vaccine. I know it doesn't help us right now, but maybe one day.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
          X