Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Well I haven't been here much in a while. I will let you know a little bit about myself. I am 37 diagnosed with MS at 26. That was not what I wanted for Christmas that year. So no I was terminated from my job of over ten years last April. After I was terminated I also diagnosed with narcolepsy. We we're trying to get on that medicine before I was fired. That insurance didn't want to pay for the medicine.

I forgot to mention though that I did get married three years ago and have two beautiful girls. The older is twelve and I tell people she's not mine but she's mine. The little one is two years old. She is the first biological grandchild my parents have. I tell my "wicked step mother" that her and my father have that baby just about ruurnnt.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeduke View Post
      I forgot to mention though that I did get married three years ago and have two beautiful girls. The older is twelve and I tell people she's not mine but she's mine. The little one is two years old. She is the first biological grandchild my parents have. I tell my "wicked step mother" that her and my father have that baby just about ruurnnt.
      Hi lukeduke

Welcome back!

Sorry to learn that you lost your job of over 10 years. Sounds like it might have had something to do with fatigue issues? That's truly a bummer. Were you trying to get one of the medications known as Provigil (modafinil) or Nuvigil?

Congrats on your marriage and two children!

Wishing you the best!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I was trying to get on Provigil. Saw my PCP shortly after I lost the job. When I told him what happened his response was that that is just regular narcolepsy. Had been trying to get on the Provigil but the insurance wouldn't approve it. That crap isn't cheap. The generic (Modafanil) is over $500/month.

Comment

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
          X