Diagnosed two days ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosed two days ago

Hi everyone I'm a bit lost just now, I've just been diagnosed and waiting on further testing. I don't know much about MS apart from that it affects everyone differently. I've been getting intense headaches everyday this week and having to go lie in a dark room. Does anyone else get headaches as a symptom or know if this is normal?

Originally posted by Pelliott1990 View Post
    Hi everyone I'm a bit lost just now, I've just been diagnosed and waiting on further testing. I don't know much about MS apart from that it affects everyone differently. I've been getting intense headaches everyday this week and having to go lie in a dark room. Does anyone else get headaches as a symptom or know if this is normal?
    Hi Pelliot

Welcome!

Sorry to learn that you are dealing with intense headaches.

It is not unusual for some persons with MS to have headaches, including migraines.

Hopefully you will get some relief soon.

We hope MS World can be of help to you with our info, shared experiences, support, and understanding of living with MS.

Also, a good website with comprehensive info about MS is the National MS Society.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Symptoms-Diagnosis

Feel free to explore our many forums, ask questions, share your experiences, or just vent if you need to.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Pelliott1990 and welcome to MSWorld.

I am sorry you are experiencing frequent migraines, hopefully your Neurologist is prscribing something for them.

I've just been diagnosed and waiting on further testing
      I am confused by the above statement. If you have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis what further testing is needed? A diagnosis of MS is given after all of the needed testing is done.

Take care
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi Pelliot1990,
        Welcome to MSWorld ! sorry that you are having intense headaches. This symptom is rarely discussed as an MS symptom, but it is possible! MS is very variable and it treats everyone differently. Is it possible that the headaches are related to 'stress' ? I hope you find some relief. Good luck

Comment

Hello Pelliot1990,

When I was diagnosed my neurologist gave me a great book recommendation so I'll pass it along to you. It's called "Navigating Life With Multiple Sclerosis" by Kathleen Costello. It covers everything from disease pathology, overcoming and dealing with the emotional distress of the diagnosis, how MS affects your body/progresses, treatments, and much more. It's an invaluable resource for the recently diagnosed. I hope this helps. Internet research can be overwhelming and at times misleading so I believe when it comes to things like this old fashioned books are the way to go. I hope you are feeling better!

Best wishes

Comment

I know how confusing it is in that time right after diagnosis. You are correct, MS affects everyone differently, and there is such a wide range of possible symptoms it can be hard to tell what is coming from your MS and what is just life. I haven't ever experienced migraines until recently, I had about 2 weeks where I had unbearable headaches...I'm not sure if this is from the MS or not, but I certainly think it's possible.

Comment

Hi Pelliott and welcome. I had a migraine that landed me in the ER, no matter what I tried it didn't help but that was in 2004 and I haven't had another one.

I hope you fine help for your headaches and feel better soon.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi Pelliot!
                I know about that problem and totally understand your feelings.
                Welcome to forum!

Comment

It´s worth trying this: wrap an icepack in a dish towel and lie down on your back with the icepack against the the back of your head where it meets your neck aka the jade pillow.

Comment

G'day pelliot1990 I get a lot of headaches they last for months and months at a time my neurologist has me on botox injections (all around my head down jaw line and neck)

I have these every 3 months and they have been a godsend it takes a week or two to work and then lasts for a couple of months,

I had to fill in a diary showing how often and intensity for 3 months first and be warned the botox injections sting (really sting) but for me worth a few minutes of pain for the release from the headaches and better than popping pills Craig

Comment

Working...
                    X