Anyone taking Aubagio 7 mg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone taking Aubagio 7 mg?

I know Aubagio has a 7 mg dose but I was automatically prescribed 14 mg. Has anyone been prescribed 7 mg?

I was started at 14 mg too.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

They switched me from Gilenya to Aubagio in August 2017. I'm on 7 mg. for now. They want to see if I can tolerate it besides checking to see if it aggravates my ITP (Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura).

They think I developed ITP while taking Gilenya. At one point my platelet count was 7 (150 to 450 is the normal range). As a result, I was immediately taken off Gilenya in June besides being admitted to the hospital to raise up my platelet count - in a hurry.

Unfortunately, since June, my count has not returned to normal. And so the Nuero has decided to try Aubagio next. Again, unfortunately for me, I have since found out that most of the DMT's have had cases of ITP reported. We're hoping that the different formulation will not aggravate the ITP.

Lucia
      "It's easier to be critical than correct."- Disraeli

Comment

I started out on 7 also in October 2017. So far no issues that I can attribute to the medication except for some hair thinning, which for me is evenly and and I am happy about that part. I have very thick and curly hair. I like the way it has thinned out on me! lol I am not sure if I am to go to a higher mg or not yet.

Comment

I'm on 7 - and set to switch to 14 in a month. so far, no issues. I do have vivid dreams if anyone is experiencing that.
          Littlemissy

Comment

7mg Aubagio

My neurologist prescribed 7mg of Aubagio for one month. I have just finished that month and I will now be taking Aubagio at the full strength 14mg. I have not experienced any side effects while taking the 7mg tablets. I hope to be as fortunate with the 14mg dose.

IRENE

Comment

Originally posted by littlemissy View Post
              I'm on 7 - and set to switch to 14 in a month. so far, no issues. I do have vivid dreams if anyone is experiencing that.

Month on 7mg - no issues. Starting 14mg Monday and keeping fingers crossed.
              Littlemissy

Comment

Working...
              X