Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somewhat new symptoms dizziness, fainting,nausea,vomiting,BP irradiate. Pulse increas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhat new symptoms dizziness, fainting,nausea,vomiting,BP irradiate. Pulse increas

Has anyone experienced the symptoms above. It started with sweating day or night, causes vomiting and fainting. But my BP is either very high or very low with my pulse racing, I asked my primary about it she said it was from my MS. This seems to comon suddenly and can last the whole day or a couple of days. I have progressive MS.
    These symptoms are stopping me from doing things I need to do like take. The dog to the vet b/c I am afraid I will pass out in the car which would not be good. Does anyone know about this or have any ideas. I have to see my neuro soon and I will tell him but was wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Sorry, no. Did your primary do any tests before saying it was MS? Have you had your heart and carotid arteries checked out? Can you call your neuro to discuss?

I can understand not wanting to drive and go out. I hope you feel better soon.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I haven't had the sweating or high BP.

However, my initial symptoms, when MS first presented 15 years ago, included severe dizziness. The dizziness often caused nausea, sometimes to the point of vomiting.

Additional initial symptoms were stroke-like -- loss of the use of my left side. Middle of the night ER visit; months of PT and OT. But, the dizziness symptoms were so pronounced that they became even more disabling than the mobility symptoms. I lived, reclined in a recliner, every day. If I'd sit upright, or get up to go to the BR, I became nauseous and might vomit. I was unable to work for months, unable to even do simple household tasks.

I was finally helped by a physical therapist who had some knowledge about vestibular therapy. She was able to give me exercised that triggered the dizziness, at a rate that I could tolerate, and re-train my brain to tolerate those movements.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I just had a relapse where I had dizziness and nausea if I would stand up, I also had extreme night sweats to the point of changing the sheets, I couldn't stand up for very long, one eyelid drooped, I was also feeling very slow or drugged like a head injury patient, and my BP was high, I have never had hypertension but my BP on admission to hospital was 198/110. I had awful hand tremors and lost the ability to hold a pen or write. Awful headaches, couldn't walk without holding on to walls, and my eyes started going in different directions (disconjugate gaze) thank goodness that resolved. This was the worst relapse I have ever had, I was in inpatient rehab for 10 days after IV steroids.

I think my entire brain was swollen at least that is how it felt. I know that this is probably a mild relapse or flare for some, but it has given me a very healthy respect for MS which I did not have before. I thought "oh I've got this".

I hope you get some relief from your symptoms! Ms is so different for everyone and even from flare to flare. It's just a hard disease!

Comment

Working...
        X