Hi! New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! New Here

Hello, all! I'm new to MS World, but not to MS.

I was diagnosed in 2005, but have only in the last two years accepted the diagnosis, and really started taking care of myself. I had a spinal cyst and diagnosis of severe spinal stenosis in 2015 that stopped me cold, and resulted in decompression and fusion surgery. Ongoing neuro issues persist, including scar tissue (that's fun!), B&B, etc. So now I accept that my body is corporeal, and I have to take care of it. I use a scooter for most out-of-house activities, do my weekly physio, and yoga as much as energy will allow.

I found the Forum while researching Gilenya, as I'm transitioning from Copaxone, and want to know what to expect. So, any shared experiences about Gilenya would be awesome!

Looking forward to participating in the Forum, and getting to know members!

Originally posted by LoraineF View Post
    Hello, all! I'm new to MS World, but not to MS.

I was diagnosed in 2005, but have only in the last two years accepted the diagnosis, and really started taking care of myself. I had a spinal cyst and diagnosis of severe spinal stenosis in 2015 that stopped me cold, and resulted in decompression and fusion surgery. Ongoing neuro issues persist, including scar tissue (that's fun!), B&B, etc. So now I accept that my body is corporeal, and I have to take care of it. I use a scooter for most out-of-house activities, do my weekly physio, and yoga as much as energy will allow.

I found the Forum while researching Gilenya, as I'm transitioning from Copaxone, and want to know what to expect. So, any shared experiences about Gilenya would be awesome!

Looking forward to participating in the Forum, and getting to know members!
    Hi LoraineF

Welcome!

Glad you found us here at MS World.

Sorry I don't have any experience with Gilenya, but I'm sure many others do.

Have you checked out the medications forum?

Hopefully you will get some responses!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Loraine and welcome to msw.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi I'm new too.

Don't know about Medes but saw they have a forum for meds glad ur here

Comment

Gilenya old-timer here.

I was an early adopter in December 2010.

I had not problem with the initial dose. Then, I just took a pill in the morning for years.

I've started having some "flares" in the last year or so. My Neuro suggested I think about Tysabri. I tested JCV+ so no-go. I recently had a larger "flare." I'm going to see him in a few weeks and see if I can get on Ocrevus.

Welcome to the forums or fora to be precise.

Comment

Welcome dear

Comment

Hello Loraine!Welcome!

Comment

oldie-goldie to MS, new here

Hi, all. I'm new here, but an oldie-goldie to MS. I'm looking for ways to connect with others. Meds, PT, diet, exercise and all other sorts of issues interest me. Most importantly, I want to find a place to "visit" where drama is not the focus, but where friends can always be found. I have spent time on other boards where more often than not, only a few people manage to take things above and beyond the topic points causing name-calling, over-the-top anger and intolerance. Some unfortunate threads always seem to end with enemies created and friendships destroyed. It's sad. Honestly, I don't have the time or energy to fight with anyone. I hope there are others on this site who share my wish for connection without conflict.
                Thanks for reading,
                Flapkatt

Comment

Working...
                X