Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new, expecting diagnosis within the month

Hello all,
    My name is Bree. I'm 33 and have been unwell for as long as I can remember. I had a stroke about 2 years ago showing minimum defects after but I still had balance, speech, weekness, numbess and so many other issues. I've felt crazy for a long time.. my face and neck have gone numb on 2 different occasions. This last one got me admitted for 24 hrs with an MRI which shows improvement on some spots but one new one.

I have received the lumbar results online and they show myelin protein of 32 when 4.9 is max acceptable level. I also have 6 oligocinal bands on my test. From everything I can tell I meet the diagnosis criteria... i would appreciate any thoughts. I've been suspecting this for awhile and now from what I can't tell with those lumbar results I'm pretty sure I'll get the news at my next appt. But who knows....thank you all.

Originally posted by Breedough View Post
    Hello all,
    My name is Bree. I'm 33 and have been unwell for as long as I can remember. I had a stroke about 2 years ago showing minimum defects after but I still had balance, speech, weekness, numbess and so many other issues. I've felt crazy for a long time.. my face and neck have gone numb on 2 different occasions. This last one got me admitted for 24 hrs with an MRI which shows improvement on some spots but one new one.

I have received the lumbar results online and they show myelin protein of 32 when 4.9 is max acceptable level. I also have 6 oligocinal bands on my test. From everything I can tell I meet the diagnosis criteria... i would appreciate any thoughts. I've been suspecting this for awhile and now from what I can't tell with those lumbar results I'm pretty sure I'll get the news at my next appt. But who knows....thank you all.
    Hi Bree

Welcome!

Sounds like you do have neurological issues going on, but you'll have to wait for your appointment to find out from your neuro exactly what the cause is.

When is your appointment? Hopefully you won't have a long wait, as that can be frustrating and anxiety provoking too.

Be sure to let us know when you find out your diagnosis.

If it is MS, we'll be here for you!

In the meantime, take good care of yourself and try not to get too stressed (easy to say but difficult to do!)

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I don't know enough to answer your question about meeting the dx criteria.

But, there are parts of your story that are similar to mine. My initial dx was "probable stroke".
      Here is part of my story: http://msworld.org/creative-center/?...f-in-the-night

After that, it took almost 2 years for me to be diagnosed correctly. Those two years included:
      • the loss of a job
      • months of physical therapy and occupational therapy to deal with the stroke-like symptoms and the dizziness
      • loss of income
      • many, many (did I say many?) tests including 6 more MRI's, a lumbar puncture
      • ruling out multiple other illnesses
      • a two-week trip to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and another "probable", but incorrect diagnosis
      • several more additional MS flares
      • etc.

Not everyone has such a long and difficult journey to diagnosis, but I wanted to share my story, as your journey also appears to have already been long.

And, the next 15 years is another story. But, God is good. I have found blessings interspersed along with the losses.

I pray for patience for you and your family, the best health that the upcoming months can offer, and a diagnosis that comes soon. Best wishes to you.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hello Bree, I can't answer any of your questions but wanted to welcome you to msw.

Wishing you the best.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
        X