Hello, New here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, New here...

Hello. I went to my regular doctor last week with a list of symptoms and he went from zero to scheduling me an appointment for a brain MRI. He said he wanted to "rule out" MS. Naturally, I was floored. I wasn't expecting to hear those words.

Then I consulted with Dr. Google (dumb idea) but realized that I have/had a lot more symptoms that could be MS related than I thought!

I've also been reading about hard it is to diagnose it. Not that I want to have MS, but if I do have it, I want it diagnosed and I don't want to wait years for it.

I feel that it's odd that my doctor didn't look for other things to "rule out" first, and MS last?

I am 54 years old.

My MRI is next Tuesday.

Any advice?

Hi Patti,
    Advice? Relax & wait for the results from the MRI. I know, relaxing is the HARDEST thing to do, but anything else truly won't help.
    We ALL know how frustration LimboLand is, and I hope you don't stay there long.
    Please check in & let us know how things go.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Hi and welcome,
      I agree try not to get too jazzed up until the MRI comes back. My guess is the doctor also ordered blood work to rule out mimics and his neuro exam would have likely included additional rule outs also so again just guessing but he probably didn't just go right to MS.

I hope you don't have MS but if you do it isn't all that hard to diagnose in most cases. There are definitely some that take time for a diagnosis but many of us were diagnosed within a couple of weeks of symptoms presenting.
      Please keep us posted.
      Jules
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        Hi and welcome,
        I agree try not to get too jazzed up until the MRI comes back. My guess is the doctor also ordered blood work to rule out mimics and his neuro exam would have likely included additional rule outs also so again just guessing but he probably didn't just go right to MS.

I hope you don't have MS but if you do it isn't all that hard to diagnose in most cases. There are definitely some that take time for a diagnosis but many of us were diagnosed within a couple of weeks of symptoms presenting.
        Please keep us posted.
        Jules
        Hi Jules,
        nope, no blood work or anything else. Just the MRI for now, I guess? I'm very confused. The worst of it for me is my gait (I waddle now and my right foot turns inward) back pain and brain fog/fatigue. My fingers and toes always hurt as well as my legs. I've been diagnosed with insomnia, depression and anxiety which I am current on meds for and have been for,years. I guess I always looked at these things as separate issues rather than one big issue? Do these things sound like MS to you?

Comment

I had my MRI yesterday. I didn't know what to expect but it wasn't a big deal to me. I kept my eyes shut so that probably helped.

Now I wait... And I'm becoming anxious. I might call the dr tomorrow and see if the results were sent to him yet.

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Hello USAPatti and welcome to msw. I have suffered from depression and anxiety thru the years also but I don't know if it could be ms related.

Let us know about your mri results.

Wishing you the best.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
              X