Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Washington DC

Hello!

New here. Found this forum whilst awaiting CSF lab results. Just confirmed, and DX yesterday (8/31) with CIS, high risk of developing CDMS.

My story:
    A few months ago I started noticing I had no feeling in my skin, a much reduced sensation, mostly on my trunk and legs. Then I developed what I was later told is the Lhermittes. I also later developed the MS hug on my left side. PCP did blood work and referred to Neurologist. Neuro concerned about spinal cord involvement based on clinical symptoms, sent for C-spine MRI. Came back showing a lesion at c2/c3, sent me for the brain MRI. That came back showing periventricular white matter, so she went for the LP. (All 3 of those happened in a week. I was astounded). LP results she said were going to take 6 weeks so come back end of September.

In the meantime, after most came back, I scheduled a second opinion look with another Neurologist at large research center (Georgetown). He confirmed CIS, saying while the lesions were not showing as active on the MRIs, the MRIs came at least a month or more after onset of symptoms and that he believes the spinal cord one is the cause of my current symptoms. (symptoms started early June, MRI was in August) Therefore, it is all one clinical "event" and not the multiple in the time dissemination of the DX criteria for full blown MS.

So here I am. I live in the Washington DC metro area, 42 year old woman Oh, and my brother has had MS for 10 years.

Originally posted by LostMyMonkeys View Post
    Hello!

New here. Found this forum whilst awaiting CSF lab results. Just confirmed, and DX yesterday (8/31) with CIS, high risk of developing CDMS.

My story:
    A few months ago I started noticing I had no feeling in my skin, a much reduced sensation, mostly on my trunk and legs. Then I developed what I was later told is the Lhermittes. I also later developed the MS hug on my left side. PCP did blood work and referred to Neurologist. Neuro concerned about spinal cord involvement based on clinical symptoms, sent for C-spine MRI. Came back showing a lesion at c2/c3, sent me for the brain MRI. That came back showing periventricular white matter, so she went for the LP. (All 3 of those happened in a week. I was astounded). LP results she said were going to take 6 weeks so come back end of September.

In the meantime, after most came back, I scheduled a second opinion look with another Neurologist at large research center (Georgetown). He confirmed CIS, saying while the lesions were not showing as active on the MRIs, the MRIs came at least a month or more after onset of symptoms and that he believes the spinal cord one is the cause of my current symptoms. (symptoms started early June, MRI was in August) Therefore, it is all one clinical "event" and not the multiple in the time dissemination of the DX criteria for full blown MS.

So here I am. I live in the Washington DC metro area, 42 year old woman Oh, and my brother has had MS for 10 years.
    LostMyMonkeys - Hello and welcome!

Hopefully you will have no more "events". That surely would be wonderful.

But, if you are eventually dx'd with MS, we're here for you.

MS World has plenty of interesting and helpful forums to explore.

Feel free to ask questions, and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Or just vent if you need to!

Also, wondering, how is your brother doing?

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you! I hope not either! I am going to be starting on a DMT shortly. My neurologist recommended one of the orals, so I am considering Aubagio, Tecfidera or Gilenya. I am scouring the drugs threads to read about people's thoughts and experiences. I will take all the information I can get to help me make this decision!

My brother is doing really well. In the 10 years he has been DX, he has only had one relapse I believe. He has been on Avonex for that entire time but most recent MRI showed new lesion activity so he is working with his neurologist to decide the next one to try.

Comment

Hi and welcome!
        Yeah unfortunately MS is familial but great news that your brother is doing well. I hope it continues and that you do well also.
        Best wishes, Jules
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X