Hello from S. Cali...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from S. Cali...

HI, I'm Sara, 34 yrs old, dx'ed in 2002. Joined the site in 2012 but never got around to posting I guess. My MS has been changing in minor ways and while I feel lucky to be don't relatively well, I find myself scared a lot. I don't know anyone in person who has MS & have no one to talk to... friends and family have a really hard time listening, they just give me sad looks and change the subject. I get it, but it's frustrating.

Anyway... Hoping to make some friends around here.

Originally posted by wolverbeene View Post
    HI, I'm Sara, 34 yrs old, dx'ed in 2002. Joined the site in 2012 but never got around to posting I guess. My MS has been changing in minor ways and while I feel lucky to be don't relatively well, I find myself scared a lot. I don't know anyone in person who has MS & have no one to talk to... friends and family have a really hard time listening, they just give me sad looks and change the subject. I get it, but it's frustrating.

Anyway... Hoping to make some friends around here.
    Hi Sara

Welcome back!

It really helps to know that others understand what it's like, living with MS.

Feel free to share what you're going through, ask questions, or just vent if you need to.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hi Sara

Welcome back!

It really helps to know that others understand what it's like, living with MS.

Feel free to share what you're going through, ask questions, or just vent if you need to.

Take Care
      Thank you! I'm currently trying to decide whether I want to continue pursuing a career in welding. What with the heat and all. LoL

Also just recently had confirmation from my neuro that I do, indeed, have lesions on my spine: C2, C3, C5 and C7. This has me super freaked out. I have a few old lesions on my brain that don't seem to be active at the moment.

I'd love to hear from anybody with experience in the welding field, or with cervical lesions. I believe there may be a different thread for that though.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Koko.

Comment

HI! I am about the same age, but was just diagnosed a few years ago. I have primarily C and T spine lesions. In fact, my neuro always tells me that he would never guess I has MS based on my brain MRIs. I too get nervous about the unknown, but my current worry is the medication, and what worse things could happen to me as a result. But, I also try not to worry too much, which is definitely easier said than done.

Comment

Hi Sara,

Welcome. I have "numerous" lesions C2-C6, along with 4 brain lesions. My C-spine lesions have remained the same since 2006, with a little reduction of largest lesion at C6 after starting Tysabri. Any specific questions with -C-spine lesions? My biggest problems are cognitive and fatigue related, even though spinal lesions. Also episodes of vertigo and dizziness. Grateful that spinal lesion symptoms are minimal.

No experience welding though. Does heat bother you now? For some of us, the heat may increase symptoms, but once cool down, back to our baseline.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

No experience welding but I have for a number of years worked in the oil and gas as well as aerospace industries around Gas Turbine Engines which generate a lot of heat while operating. So far I have been able to deal with the heat, I do have my bad days but these are not numerous enough for me to pack it in. So hard hats as well as fire retardant/long sleeve shirts, steel toe boots, ear muffs, etc. all things that can cause some heat retention are a factor. I say go for it and if you can't do then oh well, at least you know and won't have to sit around wondering about it.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
            X