Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do? Advice is needed

Hello all,
    I have posted here before and got great advice particularly from Snoopy. I had minor leg weakness with some burning pain for 5 months now, ball of foot is numb. I've had brain and spinal MRI and we're all normal. radiology listed L4-L5-S1 bulging but the neurologist dismissed it as over analysis. I got secondary anxiety over the period of doctor visits and got a prescription for. Ive been taking my meds and exercising regularly but I still get that leg problem which I can't make peace with the fact of no diagnosis. And then I start to think it's early stages of MS but the scans haven't picked them yet. I just don't know what to do to get out of this cycle. I feel I can talk freely here which is a privilege I don't have in my personal life. I feel I need to understand the disease to get off of my mind. Thanks in advance guys and I hope all is well!

Hi Jackwolfed,

If I may make a suggestion? Take the Lumbar MRIs with report to an Orthopedist or Neurosurgeon to evaluate. In my opinion a Neurologist isn't the best Dr. to evaluate a mechanical back problem such as bulging discs.

If
    there are bulging discs affecting nerves then it is very possible for that to be the cause of your leg problem.

Ive been taking my meds and exercising regularly
    That's awesome Jackwolfed With time I hope you see positive benefits.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I have taken them to a PM&R doctor who also said my spine looks fine. So do you think with the information I have so far, I should remove MS as a possible problem?

Comment

Hi Jackwolfed,

So do you think with the information I have so far, I should remove MS as a possible problem?
        I really am not qualified to answer your question. It is best to follow the advice of your Drs.

Take care.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Snoopy, thank you so much for your response now and before. To be honest, I feel like I just needed to talk to someone and just get it out of my system. Unfortuantely, I'm dealing with this alone and it gets to me sometimes. I have been to two neurologists and both reassured me, so I have no reason to seek further diagnosis behind screens. Again, I appreciate you and I apologize if my questions were too much.

Comment

Working...
          X