Spasticity in legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spasticity in legs

Is there any sort of braces that could help to at least be able to jog?

I know they make special braces to help with walking and leg spasticity....... I would ask your neurologist about one for running. It MIGHT be that you could use the regular type as well... hope so for you!
    MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Spasticity isn't one of my symtpoms, so I don't know a lot about it.

It can also be treated with medication. Here's a link:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...oms/Spasticity
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Duane, sorry this symptom is cramping your style (ohhh bad pun). I also have spasticity in my legs that causes ridiculous pain from my toes to the tops of my thighs.

I am now getting Botox injections in my legs every 12 weeks (that's the time frame for any type of Botox treatment). It's helping a lot, along with my AFO's. The orthotist put extra "spring" in the lower portion of the AFO, meaning where an AFO usually curves in below your calf, mine curve in more to give them more spring.

I do not jog, wouldn't dare to try, but I believe you could jog in AFO' with the proper amount of spring to them.

Best wishes and keep on jogging!

Comment

Working...
        X